Competition 

Liv's PoV

I made sure Rafe wasn't out of my sight, even when we docked and everyone was talking about going for dinner I made sure I didn't leave Rafe's side.
I couldn't let him screw my life up with the excuse of protecting me.
If someone found out- we both would be jailed. Me for knowing and him for committing the murder.
"I'm gunna go get changed- everyone wearing something fancy?" Rafe asked the room, all our parents nodded. Agreeing to wear dresses or a nice white shirt for the Boys.

"Alright" he agreed walking up the stairs as our parents started to leave to go next door to their house.
I was about to follow Rafe but was grabbed by my mother "please cheer up. You've been grumpy the whole weekend. So smile, have manners and be grateful like your brother" my mom fakes a smile, almost showing me an example of what to do.
'Like your brother'
That stung like a bee sting.

"Sorry- got my period. Just been feeling down" I lie through my teeth putting on a false smile.
"Well take some medicine and be happy. Your here with us!" She clapped her hands and I nod before shutting the door and rushing upstairs.
I didn't even knock I just rushed in his room like it was my own.
I stand there stunned when I see him buckling his belt, no shirt. Typical.
"You alright princess? You look a little pink in the face" his brows raised as he spoke in a all knowing tone. Ass hat.

"No I- wrong room. My bad" he knew I was lying, I was checking he was still here and not killing Dylan.
"Aww you checking I'm still here? How sweet. Didn't know you cared so much" he winks as he pulls on his white shirt, doing up the buttons slowly.
I watch as he tucks his necklace with my purity ring on underneath it.
"I don't care. I care about myself and Topper. That's it. You know that" for the first time this evening I was telling the truth.

"We'll see" he sighs slightly, rolling up his sleeves, his muscles tightening as he did.
I swallow the lump I didn't know was there down before speaking again "Rafe-" I was about to beg him not to do something stupid. That I'd give him anything as long as he didn't screw anything else up for me.
"Liv I'm not doing this right now. I respect you. I really do but your not gunna change my mind on what I'm gunna do with what happened" his blue eyes felt like they were penetrating me with ice blades.

Rafe was the sort of person you didn't believe ever. No matter what he was saying. He could say it was raining outside and I'd still check.
"Fine. But if you do this- don't expect me to let you hang out with Top. He won't hang around with murders and criminals anymore. Not if it's you or fucking JFK. I won't allow it" I turn on my heel, strutting out and going next door into my room.

I put on a nice pink dress, it was light and compliments me. But it also wasn't to much. I found some makeup I'd left at our beach house last time we came here and covered the bruises on my wrist. I wish I found this earlier when I was dying of heat stroke on the boat.

Going out all together was weird.
Topper and Rafe were joking around with Grayson, Tia and Sarah were talking to my mom.
My dad and Ward were whispering about something which I tried to ease drop on but Rose wouldn't stop talking.
"So Livy what's the plan? Your getting older- are you going to take over the business or?" Rose was cut off by my father who had clearly been listening in on our conversation.

"She's young. She'll stay with us." He smiled at Rose, as she shut her mouth and then changed the subject.
'She's young. She'll stay with us' is code for, she's looking after Topper and the house. That's her job and we want to control her so she won't be doing shit. So shut your mouth and talk about something else.

"So any boys on the scene?" Rose whispered, not quiet enough though because I saw Rafe glance at me with a small smirk on his face. He's so full of himself it's unreal.
"Nope. I don't really care for them" I smile at Rose who was clearly digging for something. Probably for my mother because she knows I'd never tell her anything.
"Well Rafe's single- go out with him!" My jaw practically dropped when she suggested such a thing.