Look after you.

Three weeks later:

Liv's POV.
I walk round the busy area- some party huh.
Topper had told me Rafe was throwing one at the beach house. I only tagged along because Grayson wanted me to go.
But somehow I ended up by myself as Topper and Grayson went to play beer pong.
I hadn't seen Rafe at all even though it was his party.

Topper told me it was odd that he was throwing this party. I didn't seem to know why it was odd. It was such a Rafe thing to do.
Top told me Rafe and his Dad had a massive argument today- so bad that top thought the party wouldn't go ahead. He didn't tell me what the argument was about just that it was bad.

As I push through the crowd I get slightly lightheaded. So many people- in a hot and confided room and hallway.
I quickly push through the crowd some more to get into a spare room- one with a balcony. I knew this room.
It was my favourite. I stayed at the beach house a few times with my family when we were young.

The Cameron's and the Thortourns.
The perfect family.

I lock the door behind me. Taking a deep breath- a sigh of relief.
"The party not for you?" Rafe's voice lingered throughout the room. I turn not seeing him but seeing that the door to the balcony was open, the curtain swaying in the wind.
I hadn't spoken to him since what happened on holiday. We'd been back for three weeks now. I'd avoided him with all my being but here I was.

At his party, with someone else but i still managed to be in a room with him. Out of all the people here.
"To crowded" I swallow slowly as I walk out onto the balcony, he was sat on a chair smoking as people bellow us danced to music.
People jumping in the pool, screaming as they win games and even fucking each other in hidden bushes.
All for us to see from the balcony.

"Hmm" he nodded, not seeming interested. He hadn't even looked at me.
God knows how he knew it was me who came in here not just some rando.
"What are you doing up here?" I stepped onto the balcony, looking down at the people in the lit up garden.
My hands steady on the stone railing.
Before I turn round leaning against it, body facing Rafe as I play with one of my broke nails.
"Not in the mood I guess" he coughed a little before finally putting out his cigarette and throwing it over the balcony.

"Hey- don't" I try catch the cigarette, there was an ash tray right there for him to use.
"It's my house. My room so get out if you don't like it" his voice was suddenly hostile and he finally looked at me.
His eyes softening as he looked at my expression, my reaction to his harsh words.
He sat back down, wiping his nose on the back of his hand as he leaned back, not taking his eyes off me.
"You want one?" He showed me a half empty packet of cigarettes, damn he'd really gotten through them.

"I quit" I shake my head as he scoffs, by the way his eyes rolled I could tell he was a little drunk.
"Of course you have. Little Miss perfect. When'd you quit? Before or after your parents came back to watch you?" He chuckled mockingly as he started to light up another.
"That isn't why" my voice was full of annoyance as I pushed off the balcony turning again so my back was towards him as I looked out.

"Sure it wasn't. They get back and you realise you gotta be all prim and proper again. Huh. Not that you were ever a laugh with them gone anyway" he was leant forward, elbows on his knees as he watched the smoke he'd just blew out dance along the dark sky before dispensing into nothing.
"You're such a dick. You think you have life so hard and that the rest of us are just cruising through it. 'Miss perfect' 'up tight' 'boring' all the things you say about me- did you ever think just maybe I do it for a reason?" My eyes scrunch up as I look over my shoulder at him.

"You do it for the approval of your parents. I already know the reason. Unless there's something else" he raised his brows challenging me.
"You wouldn't understand. I wouldn't waste telling you anything not when your like this" I huff at his audacity.
"And what am I like?" Yet again he threw the cigarette over the balcony, not even putting it out this time.
"Suffocating in self pity" I swallow as he gets up, so close to my face I could taste his breath.

"You know nothing" he turned quickly, walking into the bedroom.
Leaving me on the balcony, I sigh before following him.
I watch as he looked through some draws.
"What you looking for?" My brows frown a little, he ignored me for the most part.
Until he finally answered "a bottle of whiskey- know it's in here somewhere" he pushed open the wardrobe finally finding it in a small box. It looked like a gift.

"You think that's wise?" I could see he was already emotional- angry.
"Oh I'm sorry. I thought you were Toppers mommy not mine" he squints at me in annoyance as he sits on the edge of the bed, popping open the bottle.
He swigs some of it down nicely before wincing a little as it caught the back of his throat.
"Stop this- can't you see what you're doing?" It was sad to watch. He was doing this because he was upset.

"What am I doing?" He teased, his eyes roaming my body up and down.
"You're hurting yourself because you're upset" I pinch my arm a little, distracting myself from how bad he looks.
"Hurting myself? Please. This is a party. Get drunk" he scoffs obviously, making me seem stupid for even suggesting something different.
Silence crept into the space, filling it as I watch him take more sips of the whiskey.

I'd had enough. I walk over grabbing the bottle from him in one Swift move.
Standing between his man spread legs as he looked at me with pure astonishment.
"Enough." I shake my head as I look down at him, he goes to grab it but I put it behind my back.
His arms wrap around me trying to get it out of my grip, he didn't even need to stand up from his seating position.
"Stop-" I urge him, trying to get away with the bottle.

He sighs in frustration letting go as he leaned back on his hands, looking up at me with a small smirk.
"It's a shame you called this whole fucking thing between us- I fuck much better when I'm like this" his tongue rolls against his cheek as his eyes have a hint of red in them.
I quickly step away, he was drunk. To drink to know what he was saying.
Rushing towards the bathroom I poor the rest of the bottle down the sink.
Coming back out to see Rafe still sat there.

"Rafe" I try get his attention but he doesn't even want to look at me.
"Am I that bad of a person? That you don't even want me to be near you?" His gaze finally meets mine.
"Rafe you're drunk. When you're sober you can decide if you really want to tell me this- ask me this" I head for the door but he grabs me, pinning me against it.

"Rafe!" I warn as he holds my wrists either side of my head.
"You've avoided me for weeks- why?" I look up to see his cheeks wet. Was he crying?
"You know why, we called things off on holiday. We spoke about this! Now let me go" my voice was firm but he didn't let up.
"Yeah I get it- no fucking you, no touching you but I didn't think that meant me not seeing you at all" his head drops to my shoulder, resting his forehead on it.

"Rafe before anything happened we barely spoke so it doesn't matter if we don't see each other" my breathing was heightened as I feel his breath fan against my neck.
His breath smelt of alcohol and cigarettes, it was horrible.
"It matters to me. But yet again it only matters what you want. What about me?" He leans back again, so I could see his face.

"Huh? What about what I want?" His voice was a whisper, his lips closer to mine as I try edge back into the door more.
I didn't want to take advantage of him.
"Rafe. We will talk about this when your sober now let me go" and with that he let go, like my calmer voice had more of an effect on him than my harsh shouting voice that I'd used prior.

He goes toward the bed, laying down.
I follow him making sure he hadn't passed out.
"He said I wasn't his son- that I'm not son of his" he hushes underneath his breath as he clothed his eyes.
"It's ok Rafe- you don't need him. You have people who love and care about you" I help him up the bed so his head was on a pillow.
I move towards his feet unlacing his shoes.
No way were these white sheets getting dirt on them.

"Like you? Do you care about me?" His voice was so quiet I'd barely heard it, he was falling asleep.
"Yes Rafe. I care about you. Now sleep it off" I tuck him into bed, I make a glass of water and put it on the bed side. He was already passed out.
I knew he wouldn't remember any of this in the morning.