Headlights.

Liv POV

I left the house shortly after, with a code and address to go pick up whatever my dad wanted picking up.
Unfortunately it was across the water, so I parked my car up at the docks and walked to the ferry.
I'd probably be gone late because of this, it was different when mum was home. He was nicer because he had too be.
I knew why he didn't like me, but I wished he didn't make it so obvious.
So obvious that I wasn't worthy of his love.

It use to bother me, not so much anymore. I found love in different places and from different things. Just not a fatherly love that I'd craved for so many years, my mother wasn't much better. She babied Topper and treated me like I was an adult at the age of 15 but i wasn't . I'm a child. Her child.

Rafe Cameron's POV

I watch the scene play out as I eat my cereal, my fist clenched around the spoon as Liv's father spoke to her like some idiot.
I could see Liv's eyes visibly twitch, she does that when she's mad, I should know- we made each other mad on the regular.
Her father leaves after Liv does, leaving me and Topper to our own devices.

"So you just sit there then while Liv gets a Bollocking?" I grumble underneath my breath, forgetting myself.
Topper pulled a face at me "since when do you care?" He scoffed a little and I suck on my teeth trying to calm myself.
"I don't but fucking hell- Top she does everything for you. Even if I hate her, none of us- not even me can deny that she's always been good to you" I put my bowl in the sink and he rolls his eyes.

"Just stay out of it- they always squabble. Best thing I can do is just sit back and watch- truly" he chuckled a little and my face heats up in anger.
"Whatever- let's just go to the golf course"

Olivia's pov

This warehouse looked dodgy, it definitely was. I knew as soon as I pulled up that it wasn't what it seemed.
A man greeted me, he was smoking a cigar and he had a dark beard.
"Your the Thornton girl? Pick up the package for your daddy?" His voice sounded amused, but that tone wasn't appropriate for this situation.
I was uncomfortable, there was a sort of tension between us and it made me uneasy.

"Yes- he just said I had to give you this" I hand him the paper, that's when he grabs my wrist, hoisting me forward as I Yelp.
"Tell daddy if he sends you again then he'll be sent the package but not the daughter" his finger flicked a piece of hair out of my face as I scowled at him, pulling away best I could with his grip still on me.
"You understand little girl?" He looked down at me, his eyes widening as he spoke.

"Yes" I gritted through my teeth, resisting the urge to bite the man's neck as hard as I could to rip out his jugular.
"Good" he grinned happily, letting me go as I quickly jumped away from his hold.
His whole demeanour changing as I agreed to his demands.
I swallow as he reads whatever it says in the note.

A few minutes later he calls someone, speaking in Spanish. A language I was familiar with from school.
But he spoke so fast I only got parts of the conversation.
'Get the fucking package and be here now- make sure no ones follows you'

My back straightens at that sentence.
Whatever this was, wasn't legal.
I had no idea what my dad had gotten us into.
But I don't want any part of it.
Soon enough 5 men turned up, loaded a big package onto my truck that my dad had hired for me to use.
He even said he booked a ferry to take the truck over the water.

"Be careful doll" the man with the dark features winked at me, his finger tapping my jawline as he sent me on my way.
I get in the truck, driving off. Keeping my eyes ahead and occasionally checking my mirror to see the man Standing there watching me leave.
It was getting dark, so naturally I start to drive towards the ferry port.
I wasn't getting stuck here with whatever my dad's gotten me to pick up.

The ferry was fairly simple, once I was off all I had to do was drive home. Then question my screwed up father about what the fuck he's gotten our family into.
I was speeding down an old country road, that's when my phone rings. I glance over just for a second seeing it's Rafe, before I could do anything else I feel someone go over my bumper.
I stop the car instantly, eyes wide, lump in my throat and hands shaking .

I get out the car slowly, seeing a deer struggling for breath. My chest hurts as I watch it fight for something so simple. Air.
I quickly grab my phone calling Rafe back.
"Rafe-" I start to cry, my voice breaking as the call finally connected.
"Liv? It's late- I haven't seen you all day, are you alright? What happened?" His voice was full of concern.
"I- I hit a deer and it's dying please help me I don't know where the fuck I am- it's dying Rafe" I start to cry louder, it's heart was beating so fast. I could see it even in the darkness.

"Shush it's ok- send me your location alright. I'll be there as fast as I can" Rafe's voice was smooth and soothing.
I nearly drop my phone trying to send my location to him, my hands were so shakey.
I lean against my car waiting for him to arrive.
He turned within 5 minutes, he must've been speeding too.
"Livy- hey it's ok" as soon as he got out his car I broke down in his arms.
"It's dying Rafe-" I felt like an idiot, crying over this especially in front of Rafe.

I was always a sucker for Bambi though. So I guess it makes sense.
"Let's try get it in your car- take it to the nearest vet alright-" his voice was calm, it stuttered slightly as he went round to see the deer.
"Liv- stay there alright" he warned me, I froze. A shiver running down my spine, I see Rafe bend down .
When he stood back up I knew. The deer was dead. I murdered an animal.

"Rafe?" I whimpered a little as he slowly came towards me.
"I'm sorry Livy" he shook his head gently and held me tight.
It felt like 5 minutes had gone by. It was probably more like 10 when I finally let go and my tears dried up slightly.
"Rafe- my dad he's gotten into something bad. I know it. I picked up something today and it felt all wrong" I blinked away the last remaining tears that were clouding my vision .

"What do you mean?" Rafe's brows frowned in confusion.
"It's in the back of the truck" I point to the truck my dad had hired for me.
I see Rafe jump on the back, reaching into his pocket pulling out a small pocket knife.
One I've never seen before, he pops open the box. Looking inside, he was silent for longer than I wanted.
"Rafe? What is it?" I whisper yelled at him but he said nothing.

"Rafe-" I said again, he didn't reply, only stared into the box.
He only spoke when I tried to climb onto the truck to see what he was seeing.
"No liv stay back. You can't ok" he told me firmly, I shook my head. What the hell was he on about?
"No- this is my family Rafe. I have a right!" I try getting up and that's when he puts the lid back on and jumps off, grabbing my shoulders pulling me round the car.
"Rafe what the hell is in that box??!" I could see in his eyes, whatever it was had him even scared.

"If you see what's in there you will be a witness. It's better you know nothing" he told me genuinely.
"Get in the truck, I'll drive. I'll pick my car up tomorrow"