Business as usual.

A week and a half later:
Rafe Cameron's POV

I'd stayed clear from her, I'd given her space and nothing. For some stupid reason I thought she'd miss me slightly.
Clearly not. Maybe my charm wasn't as good as I thought it was. No that doesn't even sound right.
I knew she liked me. Even if it was just a little bit.
"Rafe? Are you even listening?" My father scolds me, i was currently sat at a big round table with my father, Jace and some other business men I didn't know.

They even Had Topper's and Liv's father on video call. They all did business together.
It was a lot more dodgy then I thought. But then again money is money. Regardless how you get it.
"Yes sorry father" my voice was unapologetic and full of annoyance, I stood up walking out. Fuck that.
They weren't even talking about anything important anyway. There was no point in me being there even if they were. It was all going to Jace.
I'm lucky that I'm even invited to the meetings. That's what my father says.

I get in my car driving a few doors down to Liv's house- I wanted to to turn in.
See her but I refused and drove on.
That's when I see her pull out of her driveway. She looked in a rush.
For some stupid fucked up reason I followed her.
I wasn't even meaning too but it happened.
I watch as she parks on the street and gets on the ferry that takes you to Charlton.
Why would she need to go there?

It wasn't even a weekend.
She had a bag.
Was she seeing someone?
Before I could stop myself I was on the ferry too. This wasn't a crime. She'd followed me into my club so now I'm just returning the favour and seeing what she's hiding.

Liv's POV

I had another escort job. A lot of money. Just for a few hours of my time and lunch.
Not bad at all.
I was running a tad bit behind schedule though, I didn't know it was today I was meant to go out. So here I am rushing around like an idiot.
On the ferry I change into a nice dress, did my makeup and make sure the curls in my hair are tidy.
Then I meet the guy at the restaurant, he was perfectly polite.

He had his other friends there with their girlfriends. So I played my part. No kissing or even touching. Just being there- pretending that I'm dating this guy.
He was far to old for me but who cared. He's paying me to laugh at his stupid old jokes and to eat.
A win is a win.

Walking out of the restaurant with a smile and a purse full of money felt more then good.
That was until I was pulled to the side of the restaurant and pushed against the wall so hard it nearly knocked me out.

Rafe Cameron's POV

She changed clothes on the boat. She looked like she was going to some ball.
Now I had to follow her.
She ended up at some restaurant, an expensive restaurant.
I sat far enough away for her not to see me but close enough I could see her.
She met some guy- he must've been what 50?
Laughing at everything he said, the guy even reached out for her hand squeezing it.

Watching it. Whatever this was. Made me sick to my stomach. What was she doing?
When all the guys friends leave and there left alone, he passes an envelope to her across the table.
It was obviously money.
My brows frown. She's an escort?
A high end one clearly.
That's when the old guy got up turning round, I get a good look at him. I knew who he was.
It made my blood boil. He was dangerous.

Surprisingly I wasn't the only one to own an illegal business in Charlton.
This man did worse. His business included drugs, weapons and prostitution.
I'd had a few runnings with him, he didn't like that some of his customers were also mine.
Accused me of stealing his buyers. I sorted it out. We came to an agreement .
I watch as she gets up walking out. I follow her instantly, pushing her around the side of the building.