Family.

Liv's PoV
It had been three days since the hurricane and we were still finding bits of rubbish everywhere.
Topper was out with Sarah most of the time which I was happy about, he did however help me clean up the first day.
I was out front planting flowers that had been practically ripped up from the hurricane.

The new flowers cost a pretty penny but I didn't overly mind. They were beautiful.
"Hey princess- Topper home?" I turn round seeing Rafe stood there looking down at me, blocking the suns gaze.
"No- he's with Sarah" I tell him as I take the gloves I had on off, standing up so I was level with him.
"How's the eye?" He gestured to the eye I'd injured during the storm and I shrug.

"It's fine- like I said Topper isn't here. Him and Sarah went off somewhere. I don't know when he'll be back" I folded my arms not seeing why Rafe was still here. I wasn't trying to be rude but I had loads to do.
"You have mud on your chin" his thumb came up to my face wiping it off and I froze.
His thumb was soft against my skin as he wiped the mud away, his eyes flicking up to mine when he was done.

I swallowed slightly trying to regain what I was about to say again.
"Jace?" That's when I see Rafe's face consort in disgust, I turned looking at Jace who had just turned up.
My heart started to beat faster, if he mentioned my job in front of Rafe I'd kill him.
"Hey Liv. Can I talk to you?" He walked up the pathway as he locked his car.

I thought he didn't come to obx anymore. He said he didn't cross the water.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Rafe stepped forward slightly, my eyes flicked from Rafe to Jace as I watched the scene play out. Rafe definitely didn't like Jace, Jace however seemed unbothered. I don't know what Jace did but how Rafe was acting he definitely did something bad.
Rafe was taller then Jace , despite being younger, everything about Rafe made you think he was older then Jace.

The way he dressed, how he looked and even his attitude at times. Jace was probably 6 foot and Rafe was maybe 6'4 or 3? I wasn't about to get a measuring tape out and compare but they both were tall guys and they certainly were acting like they were. Both were cocky and full of arrogance.

"I'm here to talk to my friend. Why are you here Rafe?" Jace had his hands in his pockets as he spoke, a small smile appearing on his face knowing that he was just making Rafe more angry by withholding the truth. The reason why he was here. Hell. I didn't even know why he was here.
"Friend?" Rafe turned to me seeing if what Jace had just said checked out.

"Yeah- I go across the water a few times and I've bumped into him so" I shrug uncontrollably as I watch Rafe nod stiffly, he sucked on his front teeth as he scoffed humorously.
"What are you doing here Rafe? Don't tell me your here to see the only actual brother that likes you? Well 'actual' isn't really the right word but" Jace shrugged as he smiled more.
"Does Dad know your back? I bet he'd love to see you" Rafe challenged as his shoulders rolled back.

"By the sounds of it- I think Dad wants you gone just as much as me. If not more?" Jace laughed as his eyes flickered over to mine.
"Are you still butt-hurt about Dad choosing me over you? Because you really shouldn't be- the choice was obvious-" Rafe started but I cut in wanting whatever this was to stop.
"Rafe- Topper should be back soon and I need to talks to Jace so I'll text you ok?" I looked up at him and his jaw clenched.

He didn't say anything just scoffed again before pushing past his brother harshly.
"What was that about?" I frowned as Rafe left me and Jace alone.
"Sibling rivalry. Rafe was always jealous of me. What can I say" Jace laughed slightly as he walked past me up to my house.
My face displayed confusion as he just Walt's straight in without a care, like it was his home.

"I doubt Rafe was jealous of you" I fired back, losing my patience with him at this point. What was it with the Cameron boys being such dicks. Plus I couldn't see Rafe being jealous of Jace, sure Jace was handsome but Rafe was a woman magnet. I didn't know how considering his attitude sucks ass and his only personality trait is being a dickhead but the women loved him. I'd never seen Jace get even half the attention Rafe gets from the ladies.

"Hmm" Jace raised his brows questioning what I'd just said.
"Why are you here? You said that you don't come to obx. So why are you here to 'talk' to me?" I followed him into the kitchen as he rounded the kitchen island placing his hand on it as he stared at me.

"Has Rafe said or done anything that's been odd? Like something that somebody wouldn't normally do? Something that has had alarm bells ringing in that pretty little head of yours?" He leans forward on the counter slightly and my mind goes to the time, Rafe clearly set Rowans place of fire and vandalised his shit.
Rafe didn't admit to it but I knew deep down that it was him.
"No- nothing" I shook my head, I wasn't going to get in between whatever rivalry this was.

"Don't lie to me" he bites the side of his cheek as a small smirk displayed on his face.
"I'm not- sure Rafe's an asshole but he's always been that way. That definitely had my alarm bells ringing but apart from that nothing. Why?" My brows scrunched slightly as I started to question wether Jace was really the bad guy here.
"He hasn't said anything about money or did anything for money?" Jace licked his lips as his eyes scanned my body slightly.

"He isn't a prostitute is he?" My eyes widen sarcastically as I try cover up the fact that everything Jace was saying connected to what I'd witnessed or experienced with Rafe.
Yet again my mind went to the drinking game. Rafe said that he didn't need money but wanted it but thinking of it now- what if he was lying?
"Funny- something like that" Jace rolled his tongue against the inside of his cheek.
Jace was more ignorant and obnoxious then Rafe. Not that Rafe wasn't also those things but Jace practically seeped those things.

"What do you mean?" I tried to act concerned but it fizzled out quickly.
Jace chuckled at my act before walking towards me.
I wanted to know why of all people he'd ask me?
He wouldn't know if me and Rafe were friends or not. He's never here.
"I just figured if you see him a lot because of your brother he might've mentioned something that's all" his hand reached up tucking a stand of my hair behind my ear, I slapped his hand away. I had boundaries. Just because I was a woman doesn't mean he can touch me.
"Feisty one huh" his eyes dipped down looking at my body again.

"Get out" I demanded harshly, my tone hard and not ready to back down.
"I just wanted you to know if he's got you into something or got something over you- I can help. Just give me a call and I'll help" Jace stared into my eyes and I grew nervous.
"I don't need your help"