The Meeting

Nini's POV:

"Mom." My fifteen year old daughter says. "Yes sweetie."I respond. "Nathan wants to meet you and dad and Josh. Can he come around on Friday night for Dinner?"she asks. Nathan is her boyfriend. "Of course I can't wait to meet the boy my daughter won't shut up about." I tease.

"Can I be honest with you?" she asks. "Yes Layla." I respond. Why does she seem nervous? "I am scared for him to meet dad and Josh." she says. Oh now it makes sense.
I am too.

"I am sure it will be okay mahal." I say. "Can you tell me how Dad met Grandpa and Grandma?"she ask. Now that is a crazy story. "Okay. "

Flashback

School had just finish as I am walking to my locker, I feel a pair of arms around my waist. I turn around to see my boyfriend "Hey angel." he says and kisses my nose.

I giggle and say "Hey. How are you?" I say while we walk to our lockers which are right next to each other.

"I am happy it is weekend." he laughs and I join in. "And you gorgeous?" he asks. "Same." I say and finish putting my books in my locker. Then I remember something. "Oh I just remembered my parents want to meet you." I say nervously.

"Umm okay." He says. "Yeah they said they want to meet the boy who is making me so happy." I tell him. "I make you happy?" he asks with the softest face ever.

"very very happy." I say wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning in. His arms wrap around my waist and he says against my lips "Well you make me very very happy aswell." And then our lips connect.

We pull away about 20 second later. "So will you meet them?" I ask hoping he agrees. "Of course I will Angel." he says and a big smile graces my faces. I really want all of my favorite people to meet. "Really?"I ask." Really. "he says before I jump in his arms and pepper his face with kisses.

"Okay are you free tonight?" I ask when I am done but he is still holding me in his arms. "mhmm" he says. "Can you meet my parents." I ask. "I will be there. Now come on I will drop you at home." He says putting me down.

That evening

The doorbell rings. I skip down the stairs in my sundress. I open the door and my boyfriend is standing there with A baby blue button up, a pair of black jeans and his white converse.

"Hey Angel. You look gorgeous as always." he says and hugs me. "Thank you. You don't so bad yourself." I say hugging him back. "My parents are in the living room." I say pulling away.

"Let's go." He says and offers me his hand. I accept and lead him to the living room. "Mom, Dad this is my boyfriend Ricky. Ricky these are my parents." I say. Ricky let's go of my hand to go shake their hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. And Mrs. Roberts."He says.

"It is lovely to meet you too sweetie." My mom responds. "Nice to meet you young man. Please sit down." My dad says and we are sit down. "So tell me what are your intentions with my daughter." My dad says.

Oh great. How did I know he was going to say that. "Dad." I say almost warningly. Ricky shakes his head and says "Not it is fine Neens. My intentions are to make her the happiest I can and to support and care for her."He says with a smile.

I smile at that because he treats me like a princess and makes me incredibly happy. The night goes on with my parents getting to know Ricky.

The food was good as always and the conversation consisted of many laughs and smiles. This makes me happy. After Ricky helped me unset the table.

"This has been lovely but I should get home." Ricky says. "Of course. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun." My mom says. "I will walk you out." I say to my boyfriend.

"Thank Mr. and Mrs. Roberts for this lively evening. It was lovely to meet you both." Ricky says. "It was a pleasure to meet you son and I am glad my daughter has a boyfriend like you." my dad says and pats his back. My mom agrees and they bid their farewells.

I walk Ricky to his car. "You have amazing parents Baby." he says and wraps his arms around my waist. "Thank you. One day I can't wait to meet yours one day." I say.

"One day baby. One day." He says. We stand there in silence and just look into one another's eyes. We both lean in and connect our lips in a soft kiss.

"I will see you tomorrow." I say when we pull away. "Yeah." he says and pecks my lips goodbye. "Text me when you are home" I say. "I always do." he says and gets in the car.

I wave goodbye and head inside. When I close the door and turn around I see my dad. "That boy loves you." he says. Was not expecting that. "How would you know?" I ask. "He looks at you the smae way I look at your mother." he responds and then kisses my forehead "Goodnight honey." he says. "Goodnight dad." I smile and head up stairs.

End of flashback

"That is how your father met your grandparents. I smile at her" It is going to be okay mahal. I promise. "I say to her.

And as I predicted the night was splendid with laughs and jokes. Nathan did get the what are your intensions and answered amazingly with so much certancy. He also got the" if you break my sisters heart. I will beat you up speech."From Josh. Which he responded I don't want to. At the end of the night Ricky told Layla exactly what my dad told me. And she had the exact same facial expression that it clicked in her head that she loved him as it did in mine.

Hey everyone

So this was trash with a capital T but I hoped you enjoyed it.

But this is so much better than when my mom properly met the boy I like. She introduced herself as Rebecca's mom and I WASN'T EVEN THERE.

What Nini's father said is something I found on Pinterest.

Anyway I hope you are taking care of yourselves cause you are all incredible.

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting it means so much to me.

Take care of yourselves. Eat and Drink water. Get enough sleep. Have fun and don't let what others say control you

Also go stream SHE SAID HE SAID SHE SAID. If you haven't all ready what is wrong with you?

Stay safe and have a good night or day wherever you are.

Love you all ❤️

1187 words