The Assignment

Nini

I was sitting in my 'Creative Writing' Course. When the teacher announced our assignment. "I want you to tell me the story of how you fallen in love. Whether that be with a person, hobby, movie or book. Your assignment must be over three hundred words and is due tomorrow." My Professor says and then dismisses us.

I walked out of there knowing exactly what I was going ti write about. When I get to my dorm, my roommate is no where to be seen.

He name is Gina Porter. She has class with her boyfriend EJ Casewell now so I am not surprised she isn't here .

I sat a my desk but for some odd reason when I wanted to start writing nothing came out. I didn't write anything.

After an hour of nothing, I finally gave up. I then start thinking back to all the memories of me and the brown eyed boy.

I think of the time he used to annoy the hell out of me and then when he would always say hello to me.

I remember realizing I like him and also realizing I had fallen in love with him.

I think about our moments and the fact that we are still friends. He is actually in my creative writing course and this would be the perfect way to confess.

Just like that I can actually write and by midnight, I am done. When I read the assignment paper it said that we would read our writing tomorrow.

I go to sleep because my creative writing course is at 10am but I have to get sleep because I have to be up by 5am.

I normally go running and then catch a smoothie and a fruit salad breakfast with Ricky. He eats eggs, bacon and toast with coffe.

Which I personally think is disgusting and bitter. When I wake up, I get dressed into my running gear and check my phone. I had a message from Ricky that he couldn't make breakfast as he needed to finish he creative writing project.

That boy fell a sleep while writing the assignment. Classic Ricky. But I use this to my advantage. When I get back from running , I take a shower.

After my shower Gina helped me choose a cute outfit that was also on the hot side. She curled my hair and did my makeup. "Wow Gina. I look like a badass." I say to her.

"You are one girl." She replies.

So I had on a black skirt, with black heels and a white top

So I had on a black skirt, with black heels and a white top. My hair was done really nicely and my makeup done to perfection .

I grab my assignment and walk out the door. I am surprised when I see Ricky outside. The minutes he sees me he freezes.

I watch as his eyes roam my body once, twice, three times before he looks in my eyes. I hear him mutter something that sounds like the word 'fuck'.

"Hey Ricky." I smile at him and he snaps out of his daze and smiles back "Hey Neens." He hugs me with his arms around my waist and mine around his neck.

"You smell nice" he mumbles into my shoulder. "Thanks Ricky." I say and we pull away. "You ready for class."he asks me "Oh yeah. What about you?" I ask him. "You know it baby." He says.

We get to class and sit in our seats. Once everyone is here and settled we start. I was the last person to do their assignment. Ricky spoke about falling in love with music and then it was my turn.

"I fell in love with a boy.

We met when we were very young. I was ten and he was twelve, when we met. I remember him annoying the hell out of me.

He was doing what boys at that age did and I remember telling him that I was going to kill him one day. I always felt attracted to him tho.

Covid-19 hit the next year. After Covid started to dissolve if I can say it like that. When I was thirteen he would always say hello and I would say hello and that back.

I remember one evening I was talking to him and my mom was kinda going crazy. People kept saying I liked him but kept on denying them.

When I turned fourteen I admitted that I like him. I started avoiding him cause I didn't know what these feelings were.

By the end of the year I had fallen in love with him. My dreams dreams were about him, he filled my thoughts, and when I tried to get over him he kept reminding me he existed.

I denied being in love for a long time but when I accepted it. I fell in love with every part of him.

As time went on I realized I was falling deeper and deeper in love with him everyday.

I fell in love with his breathetaking smile and his gorgeous eyes. I fell in love with his messy hair and his soft voice.

I fell in love with his hugs that to me were a symbol of comfort and safety . Were a symbol of home.

I fell in love with his kindness and the way he treated everyone around him.

I fell in love with his heart and everything that made him, him. I fell in with everything about him and I kept falling in love with him every day up until this day.

I fell in love when I was fourteen with the annoying boy I met when I was ten years old. Now at nineteen I am in love with same boy.

And I wouldn't want to be in love with anyone else. I am so happy I fell in loove with that annoying guy I met when I was ten. " I finish.

I go sit down but I avoid the person's eyes who I just read about. The teacher says ghat we are dismissed and I head quickly for the door.

When I get out of the room, someone's hand grabs my wrist. I already know who it was. I was not prepared for what happened next.

He pinned me to the wall and kissed me. I saw sparks fly and I couldn't think of anything else.

I kissed him back. My arms wrapped around his neck and his enclosed around my waist. I don't know how long we kissed for but when we pulled away we were both breathing hard.

"I fell in love with you when I saw you in that red dress that one when I was fifteen." he tells me. "Really ?"I ask. "Absolutely darling" he says and then kisses me again.

Heyy

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this.

I hope you are taking good care of yourself . Eat, sleep, dream , drink lots of water, be safe and mostly be you because your incredible and deserve the world.

Love you a ton