Awkward Moments

Things you need to know:~ Ricky and Nini went on a Church camp together along with Timothy.
~ Ricky and Timothy are brothers.

General POV :

"Mom, I like this boy but I am not sure how to act around him." Layla who is fifteen says. Before her mother can answer her father jumps in "She is the wrong person to ask." he asks.

The mother glared at him. "I am not the worst person to ask." she defends herself. "Angel do you remember how you acted with me?" he asks.

She blushes at the memory. "You promised you would never bring it up." she says whining. "Bring what up?" Josh asked as him and his girlfriend came into the room.

"How mom acted with dad when she liked him." Layla said. "Oh I want to know." Josh says sitting down and pulling Olivia down with him.

"Fine story time." Ricky says. "No no I tell that forsaken story since it happened to me." Nini says sternly to him as he sits next to her. "Okay love." Ricky says kissing her forehead.

"A quick recap I met your father and your uncle Timothy at a church camp. And we went to the same youth group and church. " Nini starts. 

Flashback Ninis POV:

So since I realized I like Ricky a few weeks ago. I have been avoiding him at Youth and just working at Sunday school at church.

So today I am actually on duty and not just trying to avoid him by helping out. So after first service I went to talk to my mom and say goodbye. I was with a few friends who help aswell.

Those friends are Gina, Kourtney, Jen and Addy. EJ stayed at the top. I thought that Ricky was in the coffee shop but nope.

So I was talking to Gina about something and then there he is sitting at a table talking to Ashyln, Timothy, Carlos and Seb. He looks at Gina and I. "Hi" he smiles. Without thinking I ask "Who are you saying hi to?"

Reason being him and Gina and friends. I see him shrug so I say "Hi." Really Nini? "Ashlyn." I say basically running to giver her a hug.

After I give Ashlyn a hug, I proceed to hug Timothy.

I then say hello to Carlos and Seb, while looking at them. Then I turn my head and say "Hi." to Ricky again. Dumbass you already say that. After I see my mom walk past and I let out a squeal sort of thing and my brain is blank so I do the first thing to pop into my head.

I run.

That was an awkward moment.

It is now three weeks later and I haven't really spoken to Ricky. At Youth I find a way to avoid him and I am still doing duties even if I don't have to.

So three weeks ago when I saw my mom she went to talk to the person who in charge of the younger children ministry. My cousin wants to join chirldens ministry. Guess who is in charge. Ricky's mom. I mean I know his dad is a pastor but I didn't know his mom was also involved in the church.

So today I am going to a friend of mom and dad is getting married and I am working so I got someone to do my hair and makeup and put on this dress :

After the wedding, there was tea and cake. About ten minutes in I went to get tea. So I was making my tea, out of the corner of my eye I could see Ricky out of the coffee shop. I paid it no mind since I doubt he would come into the coffee shop.

When I was done I turned around and just a few steps away is Ricky. My hear eat sped up. "HI" he smiled his signature smile. I smile back and reply a sma hi.

He says Hi to my mom saving me from another awkward moment. I go and sit down next to my parents friends son and as I sit down I look up and there is a window. In tgta window I could see Ricky's perfect side view.

About a month has gone by now and Ricky and I are trading smiles but that is all I could muster. Until now. So since EJ works at Youth on the service team, he dragged me from the quad to the church.

When we get Ricky is alone so EJ drags me there. "Hi." I say with a smile . "Hi" he replies also with a smile. "How are you?" I ask. "Good and you? " he returns. "Good thanks." I respond.

EJ steps in and starts talking to him . Really I rehearsed multiple conversations over this past week. I couldn't remember one of them. Great another awkward moment.

End of flash back.

"After all three incidents one of my friends told something that I didn't see. The first time your four aunts told me while I was saying hi to everyone, they said your father couldn't look away from me. The second time Grandma told me he did a double take. The third time Uncle EJ told me he was smiling the whole time. "I say.

" Is this true Dad? "Layla asks. "Yes it. She only told you a few stories. Now my turn to tell a few times I was looking at her and she was doing funny and weird things." Ricky's say.

"Don't you dare." Nini warns "I am so doing it. There was a time when she wanted to be taller than someone in our youth group so she stood on a window sill and she was taller." he says and everyone laughs.

"Then another time where your Uncle EJ stole had a water bottle and hit her head with it. She was jumping trying to get the bottle and I was in a conversation but I still saw it." he says.

"Mom what is with you and jumping?" Josh asks. "Guys that night Uncle EJ tried to give your dad my backpack, but it didn't work because he was leaving. Also your Uncle EJ wanted to give your dad my phone and said and I quote 'would you jump on him too.'. My answer was 'I wouldn't be opposed to it but no. "I said.

"Yeah well that Layla is why your mom is the wrong person to ask." Ricky says. "It was a funny story tho." Layla said.

Hello everyone

I hope you enjoyed this even tho it sucked.

There will be anther one tomorrow to make up for this one.

So most of this is based off of my love life. The situations I explained actually did happen. All of them, the running away, the wedding, the window sill, the bottle and the other situation.

Nini is me
Ricky is The boy I like and his Name is Daniel
Gina is my friend Kiera
EJ is my friend AJ
My cousin is actually my sister
Timothy is Daniel's brother Josh

So before the wedding in real life I actually told him I like him and that is why everything is awkward on my side. He doesn't like me and wants to wait til he is eighteen to date.

Stay safe. Take care of yourselves. Eat and drink water. Sleep well and never stop being you cause you are all incredible. Have a nice day or night

Love you lots

1255 words