In Between

"Why are you ignoring me?" I ask EJ from across the parking lot of the diner. He startles but doesn't say anything. "Like I have done nothing wrong . So why are you ignoring me." I say when he doesn't talk.

I start to walk towards him. When he still doesn't talk tears well up in my eyes. He just turns away from me. "WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME EJ?" I basically scream.

"What did I do because I don't think it is fair that you are just ignoring me and acting like I don't exist." It starts to rain and yet still he doesn't say anything. I wipe the tears from my face.

"You act like I am your friend one day and the next like I don't exist. So, tell me which is it because I can't do this. "I say to him. He just keeps quiet.

I turn around and start to head back to the diner where all our friends are, nt wanting to stand in the rain talking to basically a wall. "I LOVE YOU."

I turn back to him, but he continues to speak. "I am ignoring you because I love you. I don't know how to deal with these feelings, so I am acting like they don't exist.

By gosh Gina, I love you.

And it has been killing me that I can't tell you, because why on earth would you like me? It would be stupid of me to even think that.

And every time I feel the confidence to tell you, every time that I get too close, I just go mess it up.

I mean your so gorgeous that I can't even think straight when you're within ten feet of me. "

He stops to breathe, and I realize how close we are, he opens his mouth to start talking again, but I cut him off by throwing my arms around his neck and kissing him.

Sparks fly when he responds, he wraps his arms around my waist and holds me tight. I smile into the kiss that I have wanted for so long.

When we break apart for air I whisper against his lips "I love you too."

He breathes out a sigh of relief and picks me up spinning me around. We both laugh and then we come back down to the real world by a bunch of cheers.

We look and see all of our friends watching us from the window with huge smiles on their faces.

When I turn back to EJ, he has the biggest smile on his face. One that I am sure matches my own. He puts me down and grabs my hand before pulling me back to the diner.

He stops at the door and kisses me again. When we pull away and walk inside, our friends are all swapping cash with one another.

"What is going on?" I ask as EJ pulls me into his lap. They all turn red and Nini who is sitting on Ricky's lap answers after taking a twenty from her boyfriend.

"We made bets on you." She admits. "What was the bet?" EJ asks with raised eyebrows.

"Whether or not you guys would confess to your feeling for each other." Nini says with a shrug. EJ and I both look at each other with wide eyes. Okay.

"Who betted we would?" I ask them. Nini, Jet, Ashlyn and Seb all said we would while Ricky, Kourtney, Big Red, Carlos, and Maddox all said we wouldn't.

"Well, congrats to the winners, I guess. "EJ says and we all laugh. I look down at EJ and kiss his cheek.

"I love you." I whisper to him. He kisses my forehead and replies. "I love you more."

I look around and smile because I am right where I need to be, with all these amazing people. Especially the boy who is currently stroking my waist.

Hey

I thought that this would be cute for Portwell, and I actually love how it turned out.

Eat, sleep and drink lots of water. Be yourself because you are so amazing and deserve the world.

Love you a ton.