CHAPTER - 27

Edward had his breath fastened as he continued to pour out his frustration in the gym. The things that transpired after he walked out of the hospital brought a satisfying smirk to his face.

The crude face of that vile woman begging on her knees is fresh in his mind. From here on, Gellen Rasha will think twice before daring to cast her cursed shadow on an omega.The memory of her trembling and pleading for mercy brought him a sense of triumph and vindication. If his friends were not with him, he would have killed the wretched Alpha woman.

His friends.

They were disappointed and quite angry, of course. They had been his unwavering support throughout these past days. However, Edward was not a fool; he could sense a slight aversion from them for keeping such a significant thing a secret. He knew he needed to apologize to them after all of this.

And then, there was Aless.

Edward met her and it didn't ended quite well.

"So... Is he your mate?" Aless asked, her voice laced with pure disdain. "Yes," Edward replied, his gaze fixed on the frustrated omega standing in front of him.

"He was the reason why you were not able to have sex with me, touch me, kiss me, not even able to look me in the eyes... It's my mistake - I should have followed your actions. You were always absent-minded and uncomfortable," Aless said, her words dripping with hurt and bitterness.

Edward just nodded his head because everything she said happened to be true. He had been with a lot of individuals before he encountered his mate. However, from the moment he recognized Julian as his mate, everything was different. Especially after the omega's first triggered heat, all he could think about was Julian.

He was captivated by the way Julian arched his back in throes of pleasure, the way his eyes streamed endless tears, the way his skin flushed pink when teased, the way he called out his name, the way his slick wet the bed, the way his touches ignited his body and left him in ruins. And the way he smelled, oh god! It wasn't something he could dismiss as a mere one-night stand. It was...

"Tell me, Edward! You want a weak male omega like him? I knew you better to know you despised people like him. Whats changed?"

"This should be the last time you speak of him with this disrespect because from here, i will not tolerate any rude words spoken against him" Edward's words hung in the air, their weight evident in the tense atmosphere that surrounded the two of them. The Future Head Alpha's stern tone and veiled threat had caused Aless, to cower slightly, feeling the weight of his authority and the seriousness of the situation.

"I never despised him, Aless. It's a different emotion," he began, his voice quivering slightly. "There were moments where I, too, thought it was hate, despise that I have for the om-, my omega. But what happened in the past made me think otherwise."
Edward paused for a moment, his gaze locked on Aless. He could see the resistance in her eyes, but he knew that there was nothing more he could say to the omega. Edward continued "Iam here because I need to apologize for making you trail my way," Edward continued, his voice softer now, tinged with remorse. "I understand that you may not fully comprehend or accept my reasons, but I hope that someday you can find it in your heart to forgive me. All my love and life, my priorities everything is for my omega. Thinking back... I now understand - He was always the first priority in my life. Nothing's ever changed"

What Edward said on that day was the truth. Growing up, he easily mismatched his feelings to that of animosity, hate or despicability. But, now he knows, its not what he thought.