CHAPTER - 30

"You don't have to be so cautious around me," Edward muttered, looking at the Omega's face.

"I am not. If I was, I wouldn't have come here with you. You also didn't need to walk around me like I will burst at any point," Julian answered back as he closed his eyes in tiredness.

"Yes... Thank you for giving this a chance," Edward said, watching the omega sliding to sleep. The medicine effect is too much for him these days; Julian is unknowingly falling asleep.

___

Julian had been tiptoeing around the room for the past half-hour. Edward had gone in the very early morning for his training and would be back in any minute. He woke up an hour ago, bathed, and wore the clothes that Tressy prepared for him. Julian was not sure about the attire because he never wore such sexy outfits to school. He had always worn the most loosely fitted clothes that hid his curves and swells. But after the ceremony, there was nothing much to hide anyway. All of his insecurities were widely displayed in the arena. The memories of the day still churned his mood.

His backpack was already on the table, he had his phone. His classes didn't start for another hour, but here was Julian going haywire because of his anxiety. He was about to change out of the clothes, but in a cue, Alpha entered the room.

Edward was really surprised to see the Omega ready the first thing in the morning. He had his after-bath fresh scent of cottony strawberries. These days he was not getting the proper scent of his omega because of the medicine. But, from today - he was out of the prescriptions.

Like his scent, the boy was wearing a strawberry crop shirt with black jeans hugging his thighs. He looked so beautiful and sexy in that outfit.

"You look beautiful," the Alpha whispered aloud before he could stop himself. The Omega turned to him with a raise of eyebrows.

"You are not seeing me for the first time. So,you don't have to bluff!" Julian said, turning to exit the room, ignoring the sweaty Alpha in front of him. "I will wait downstairs!" With that, he went out without even waiting to hear what Edward had to say, while Ed stood there pondering on his words.
___

The ride to Josephet was eerily quiet. Like yesterday, he had his attention focused outside. As the building came into view, Edward stopped the car and helped Julian out of the seat belt.

"If something happens, you are going to call me," Edward said as he helped him to take his belongings.

"What is going to happen to me? I am safe as long as you are not around me...," Julian whispered the last line as he walked away from the car. Edward huffed as he walked in behind the Omega.

The students in the hallway turned quiet as they saw Greyhound's future Luna. The ceremony wasn't a secret; literally, everyone here was present there too. They all saw what happened that night. Julian thought he would have to feel more of their sympathy and pity towards him, but what he never expected was -

"Luna! How are you?" - "Luna! You are fine??" - "How was the treatment?" - "Thank God! Edward was able to be there at the correct time!" - "You should have rested!" - "You are fine!!!"

He was swarmed by his fellow pack mates. They seemed so happy and consoled on seeing him. His Omega was preening in happiness, being surrounded by so much contended pheromones. He looked over the shoulders to see his Alpha slanting near the entrance, with Richard and Hershey.

Julian thanked them all with a smile, so beautiful, but that didn't last long as he was pulled from the crowd by Frenny, his best friend.

"Sorry, guys!! I am taking Luna with me for a really important talk," with that, she pulled the Omega from there.

"Ohhh! We thought of giving our primary greetings to him as the Luna! But, here he goes..." Richard said to the Alpha who had eyes following the duo moving away from the crowd.

"Edward!"

"I-"

"Don't think of following him! He is with Frenny, and moreover, he is here; no one is going to do something to him.... Okay! That's it! You are coming with us," Richard claimed as he dragged him to the class. Huffing and muttering, Edward followed the other nonetheless.

"Frennieee...", Julian tried as he nudged closer to his friend.

"Do you know what I felt when I saw you there? I was so helpless; I couldn't do anything to stop you," Frenny said as she pulled him closer to a tight hug.

"You couldn't have done anything. It was not in anyone's hands. Don't say you were not there for me!" Julian said as he patted the redhead.

"What did your Alpha say? Is he treating you all good now? Should I kick his crotch-"

"HaHahahaa"

"You are laughing! It's not funny! Tell me, how's he been these days?"

Julian stopped laughing to look at the beta who was waiting for the answers.

"Huhh... What should I say? He's been caring for me. He was with me throughout my treatment at the hospital, he bought my favorite flowers every day, and bought me my favorite food. He will only leave after I slide to sleep, and when I wake up, he will be there beside me. This morning, he said I am looking beautiful in this attire; he gave me a ride to school..."

"But, these are not just what you want?"

Julian nodded his head.

These are not the way he wanted things to be.

"I feel like he's been doing everything out of guilt. Last night, he asked me to be not cautious around him. But, it's him who is very careful and attentive around me; I hate that! I want him to be careless and comfortable - then only we can call each other mates."

"I have seen him from childhood, and I know how he is..."

"Maybe he is changing! You know how he felt the need to treat you like you deserve and how he is at fault that made you go through everything. It might not be guilt; it might be a tug inside him to protect you and adhere to your needs. And, the thing of how he is cautious is to make you comfortable around himself, and then, slowly he will return to the arrogant, know-it-all self of how he is."

"Oh! I don't want him to be like that too."

"No worries, darling! That's how your Alpha is," Frenny teased as they heard the bell for the beginning of the class.

"Oh nooo," Julian playfully exclaimed.

"Anyway, Jul! You are looking so beautiful today! I should wear that summer dress tomorrow... It's time to shine as the Luna of the pack," Frenny giggled as they reached the entry to their classroom.

"You went with Lady Luna for shopping?"

"Yes! Of course. Who knows more about your little kinks than me.... I picked a black satin lingerie-"

"Stop it!!" Julian stopped her in the middle as he briskly walked to his desk, but what he didn't notice was how he was sitting in front of his Alpha and friends.

Edward had been waiting eagerly for the Omega. Anytime, Mr. Holmes will enter the class, and if he is not by the class by then - No one can stop him from going to search for him. But, that didn't necessitate as Luna, along with his red mouse (as Edward says), walked into the class, chasing one another.

"They are coming this way, Eddy. Don't jump out of your seats!" Hershey nudged his friend who had both his eyes trained on the beauty.

"Who is going to jump out of the seat? You moron!" Edward seethed, more calmly, when he saw both settled in front of him.

"Hi Luna," Richard chirped on watching the duo. Julian was quick to turn his head and more like startled to see the Grey gang.

___

Comment guys❤️.
-Moh❤️