CHAPTER - 28

"I hate you," Julian whispered as he clutched Ed closer to him, inhaling his strong, forestry scent. His Alpha exuded a dominant aroma of forest and wood, soothing and lulling him to peace.

Now lying in the hospital bed, there was no space between them; their bodies entwined. "I know," Edward whispered back, nuzzling into the soft, wavy hair of his beautiful omega, whose face was entirely hidden in the crook of his neck.

"I was afraid, hurt. Thought you rejected me," Julian said in a hushed tone, fearing anyone else might hear him, bordering on falling asleep.

"I am sorry..." But the omega didn't hear it, already having fallen into the depths of deep sleep.

"I will make it up to you. It's my promise," Edward said to the sleeping omega, who squirmed to bring the Alpha even closer, though there wasn't much space between them.
____

The intimacy Julian felt in the closeness of Edward was indescribable. However, the inclination to delve into it was constrained; he didn't want to take for granted the things happening around him. The past days felt like a living dream because, never in his life, did he think Edward would turn so soft for him.

The way he went to bed every night snoring in Edward's hold, and waking up to mornings with his Alpha's pheromones enveloping him, was a source of joy. Each day, the table beside him adorned with a beautiful set of flowers, and opposite, Edward silently sat with either his phone or a newspaper.
Going to bed and waking up to the same face of his Alpha made his Omega feel giddy and fuzzy. Edward's eyes lingered a little longer every time he woke, the slight contact sending a pleasant shiver through his body. Edward's coarse morning wishes added to the charm.

Aware of his growing addiction, Julian didn't want to take it all for granted. Guilt still lingered within him, cracking his heart when his thoughts touched on that point. Despite Edward's apologies, they hadn't had the crucial 'talk.' Julian was reluctant to hear what Edward had to say, accepting apologies without addressing the underlying issues. He acknowledged that the situation wasn't solely Edward's fault; doubts and hesitation about having a mate like him clouded Edward's mind.

Julian knows that Edward never wanted a mate like him. He was fragile, dependent and a burden to all the people around him. Thats, why he been having doubts and hesitant to have the talk with the Alpha. There are always gestures and signs, but nothing more than that.

Edward always try to start up a conversation which will be either ignored or shut down by the sassy omega on the bed. But, that never stopped Edward to stop coming to the hospital.

Of course, Julian has his doubts about the future. In the next two days, he needs to be back in school, which he is dreading a lil bit too much.He had not yet met the other pack members and he is not even sure about withstand their scrutinizing judgements. Julian has been preparing himself for the worst.

Edward entered the room, the sour scent of the omega filling the air. Concerned, he moved closer, noticing tears in Julian's eyes. "Is there something wrong? Does the wounds pain? Should I call the Doctor?" Edward asked, checking Julian's body.

The omega freed himself, shaking his head in denial. Dressed in a fluffy white sweater and white shorts.
"Okay... Did you pack? We will be going to my house—" Edward started.

"Why are we going to your house?" Julian interrupted, turning away.

"I thought we talked about this, giving each other a fair chance," Edward tried to reason.

"But, that didn't require—" Julian began.

"It requires you to be with him, Jul!", His father's voice interrupted as he walked into the room.

"Appa?" Julian's eyes lit up at the sound of his father's voice.

"Son, did you pack? Your mother couldn't come because she has a bad flu and doesn't want you to get infected," Noel informed, gesturing for Edward to leave the room. With a last glance at Julian, the true blood exited.

"I thought we talked about this, giving each other a fair chance," Edward attempted to explain.

"But, that didn't require—" Julian started.

"It requires you to be with him, Jul!" Edward's father's voice interrupted as he walked into the room.

"Appa?" Julian's eyes lit up at the sound of his father's voice.

"Son, did you pack? Your mother couldn't come because she has a bad flu and doesn't want you to get infected," Noel informed, gesturing for Edward to leave the room. With a last glance at Julian, the true blood exited.

"Mom... Told. But, that doesn't mean I will go with him," Julian asserted.

"Jul..." Noel began, trying to persuade his son.

"You know it, you want to go with him. He was hesitant at first but not now. He wants to change, and I could see that boy repenting every day for it. Give him a chance," Noel urged.

"I need some time of my own to think. You all have been making decisions for me all my life, and now, I cannot!" Julian stated, tears filling his eyes.

"Jul... if that's what you want, I will ask him to leave. It's not that I don't want my son to come to your own house, but I want you to be happy with your mate like you wanted. I will inform him about your turn of change," Noel said, softly caressing Julian's hair. "I will wait outside, and if your decision still persists, we are going home."

As Julian watched his father exit the door, he sat on the bed with a huff. His parents had never let him down; it was a lie what he shouted at his father's face moments ago. They had never forced him to make decisions. Instead, they had always been there for him. Every time. Going with Edward was making him anxious, and he unknowingly had spouted those hurtful words. He knew that if he went with his father, they would make sure he would be happy, but they wouldn't be happy. It had been days since his triggered heat, and he could already sense his next heat without the mark. Maybe it was guilt or whatever it was, but in this life, he could only live with the pleasure of his Alpha. Being a male omega, Julian knew it. Edward would also grow tired of the act of guilt. But then, it would all start to feel like a big burden. He didn't want to string him along through all of that. It was better to end this dependency and be what every Alpha wanted. At least being with my mate will make my parents happy.

As Julian walked outside the room, he could see his father having a conversation with Edward. But what he said to them made both happy. He could sense it from their pheromones. Even though his mind and heart were hurting, he recognized the potential for his parents' happiness if he chose to be with Edward.

____

LEAVE A COMMENT❤️
(-it really helps me too much)
- Moh