CHAPTER - 29

The light colours in the shelf surprised him. He pulled the light pink ribbon hanging from the top rack and he was stunned as it happened to be a beautiful summer dress with a ribbon knot on the back. But, as he heard the footsteps - he pushed it inside.

"Jul?", he heard his name being called from the doorway. He don't need to turn his head, to know its Tressy Horsten. The distressing Alpha pheromones are all over her. He felt her coming closing, only to cage her in a tight embrace.

"Tressy", Jul whispered to her.
The true blood's mother had tears in her eyes as she tightly held Julian.

"Iam so glad you are okay. I would have never forgiven myself, if something happened to you. I was never able to welcome my son's mate as wanted. There were uncertainties. But, i should have been better mother. I should-"

"You shouldn't held yourself in wrong position, for what i have been through. It was no one's fault", Julian interuppted her.

Even Edward's...

"Still..."

"Tressy... Beyond Edward's mother, i have seen you from my childhood. And i know with my heart, you didn't really wanted nothing to happen like it did. So, please... Don't make me bad now", Julian whispered as to sooth the Alpha woman.

They held each other's rmbrace for quite a time. But, then the silence was broken as Tressy freed Jul from his hold.

"Ok. Then... Lets keep this apologies for another day. Let me adore my son with everything i bought for you", Tressy said as she moved around the room, pulling the fragile little thing with her.

"Oh! Did you saw it already?", Tressy enquired as she opened the shelves.

"That..."

"You saw this dress? I bought it specially for you. I couldn't take my eyes of it since when i saw this. It's dark bluish colour will beautifully contrast your soft skin. My Jul will look so beautiful in this..."

"Did Alpha agreed to this?"

"Alpha?", Tressy confusingly looked back.
To that which Julian just nodded his head.

When did they start to address each other with their ranks?

"Why should your Alpha be bothered on what you wear? If his face turns funny for this, just tell me! Iam going to pull out his fangs. Should had done that before..."
Tressy's face again changed to that of a sad one as her words reminded her of things that she should have done beforehand.

"Not again, Tressy", Julian reminded as he got closer to Tressy and gave a quick hug to her.
"Yaa... You must be tired. Lets try out everything in here after you had a good rest. You are resuming your classes tomorrow, you should have your beauty sleep"

Well, this was new. Iam going back to class. Then , Appa asked me, but i thought it was after... Well, its time anyways - how many days iam going to cooped up in here.

"Iam going to rest, then", Jul said as he kissed her on the cheeks. Tressy is his favourite since, his birth. A lovely person that everyone wishes, their mother had a friend like that.

"Edward is waiting outside. Should i call him inside?", Tressy asked as she walked closed to the door.

"Its his room", Jul whispered as he moved to unpack his bag for the night.

______

Edward was brimming with happiness then, when Julian agreed to come with him. The omega have been quite distant and he regrets for it deeply. He been doing everything in his control to turn all  blocks unturned. He felt his heart going crazy, when Julian closely rejected the idea of going to his house. Parting from the omega is physically making his wolf so weak.

Was this how he felt?

Throughout the ride to Horsten villa, Jul was silent and has his vision trained out the window. He couldn't indulge himself to strike any words. But, that didn't mean he haven't got nothing to say. He has too much to say. But, now is not the moment.

When they reached the house, Edward saw his parents waiting outside. They didn't come to the hospital cause they wanted to welcome his mate as they should have. Which, Edward knows, due to hid stubbornness, they couldn't...

These days have been a little too hard for him in every ways. His omega on one side. And, then there is his Parents.

Alpha Jake was very cold at first which then he sweated it off in the training ground and the morning rounds. But, his mother was straight off ignoring him. She was really angry that her harshness was seriously affecting his wolf.
After all it's his Mother wolf.

"I persistently waited cause i thought that you will get your head right on the track, when you understand the situation you are in. I have seen you both grew up. I am very disappointed. Not something expected from the future Alpha of the pack, moreover, my son!"

Her words are still ringing in his ears. He wanted to follow Jul to his room, but his mother didn't allow it.  He was getting restless. They have been there for like ages. Julian was not himself, from the moment his father left and his Wolf was nudging to check on the other. Edward gave a huge sigh as he pulled himself from the chair to walk inside, but that was in the midst stopped by Tressy Horsten, leaning against the door frame.

"Mom? I want to see him"

"I know. But, before that i want you to promise me that you will not disappoint me like this again"

"No Mom. I won't"

Tressy glanced at his son at those murmurings, who has his head down and deep inside, she knows how much the boy does something bad, as his mother he couldn't go on being angry with her baby...

"Come here. Give your mother a big hug! Go and see your omega. Adore him like he wishes. And don't forget to go and visit Lily tomorrow", Tressy said as she smooched on the sides of his grown Wolf son.

"Go in"

Edward hugged her again before entering the room. Julian has his attire changed to a comfy sweater paw and shorts as he was still checking on the light colours in the shelf. Maybe, he was indulged in the materials, his wolf didn't even detect the thick scent - cause the room is full of Edward's pheromones.

"Hey... you ok?"

"Iam fine", Julian squeeked as he got really startled by the sudden intrusion.

The silence was stretching and both didn't know how to break it.

"Tomorrow, iam going back to school, right?", Jul asked as he walked around closing the shelves' door to sit on the bed.

"Only if you are okay with that", Edward said as he slowly took steps to sit opposite him.

Cautiously.

Julian was observing his each and every steps and it really made him surprised on how Edward is like walking on egg shells around him.

"Iam okay with going back to school. But... I don't want you controlling me in anyway tomorrow. If thats what you have in your mind, iam changing my decision"

"Why should i control you? I don't have anything like that on my mind", Edward said as he looked at the omega with a confused look.

"Then its fine", Jul said as he laid on the bed turning away from his Alpha. If Jul had turned around, he would have seen the adoration blooming on his face.

"You have something to say to me?", Jul asked as he laid there facing the racks of books and window on his side.

Can i scent you?

The words were hanging on his tip's, but didn't have the courage to do it. So he whispered a 'no', and lied down, beside Julian. The Alpha was taking into his view, of the black head lying opposite to him, with his head turned away. But, then the face was turned to his side - the omega had a questioning expression.

"You don't have to be so cautious around me"

________

Leave a comment, readers❤️
-moh❤️