24 - Celebration for Freedom

Smiles and cheers are all around as the entire island of Conomi celebrate finally free from Arlong's tyranny. A big party was starting up in Cocoyashi Village with music, food and the whole shebang.

Elsewhere in Cocoyashi, Nojiko sits on the bench with Bellemere, both drowning in a mug of alcohol. You were enjoying watching the view on the rooftop with some sake, smiling.

_____________________________________________________

Meanwhile, the navigator is quite away from the village on the same cliff overlooking the ocean with a genuine smile on her face.

Genzo looks after the girl from behind.

"Why're you still here, Nami??" Nojiko came up and asked.

"Your friends are looking for you. (First Name) kept asking if you were alright, saying that she still apologized for that stunt she did" Bellemere added.

Nami looked over her shoulder. Her smile grew as she faced her loved ones before she looked back out to sea. "Hey, Bellemere. What are your thoughts about me becoming a pirate??"

"A PIRATE?!" Genzo roared. "Of course, Bellemere's not gonna let her precious daughter go out to sea with a bunch of treacherous pirates!!"

"I'd let you" Bellemere stated with a smirk.

"Bellemere!!"

"But even if I said no, I don't think that would stop you, would it??"

Nami stuck out her tongue in response. "That's right. Nope"

Nojiko snickered while Genzo is left speechless at the young girl's response.

"I see" He accepted and burst out laughing. "They're definitely your kids, Bellemere. No doubt about it" he patted her shoulder before walking off. "Nami, you've already made up your mind about this. There's no use fighting it. Live your life. I can tell it's what Bellemere wants for you as well"

After he left, Nojiko leaned in and nudge Nami with her elbow. "So, tell us about you and (First Name)" she snickered.

Nami's face went bright red at the mention of the certain Fishwoman(?). Bellemere noticed it and wiggled her eyebrows. "Oh ho. Looks like my daughter finally found someone she likes. I'm so proud of you"

"I-it's not what it looks like!!" Nami waved her hands in a panic but Nojiko and Bellemere didn't buy it. They started teasing Nami about her little crush.

"Ne Namikan. So this is where you are"

The three of them turned around to see you walking towards them with a bottle of sake in hand. They assume you're drunk but you're not. You sat beside them on the cliff, watching the sea.

You decided to break the silence. "So you decided to join the Straw hats, huh?? How ironic. You decided to join them even though you hated pirates"

"T-that was back then. It's different now" Nami replied. You giggled and Nami's blush became a bit darker. "That's true. We'll be sailing to the Grand Line. We might see each other again from time to time cuz I'm a solo pirate. A thief" You drank your sake.

You got up and patted Nami's head before you walked back to the village. "Who knows? Maybe I might steal something from you without knowing. Maybe your heart" you grinned. This took Nami aback as her face is now like a tomato. Nojiko and Bellemere snickered and teased her for it.

_________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, somewhere at the Navy Headquarters. A marine delivers a Transponder Snail to the Fleet Admiral who was coincidentally in a meeting with his three admirals and a well-known Vice Admiral. A knock on the door interrupted the meeting.