43 - The Aftermath

You slowly opened your eyes to find a wooden ceiling. Hm?? Where am I?? You got up and saw that your tail was all bandaged up and you were in a big tub of water.

"You're awake"

You turned around to find Smoker working on the documents, not looking at you.

"Smoker, where am I, and how long was I out??" you asked. You have a feeling that you slept for a few days.

"You're on the navy ship and you've been out for 2 days" he answered.

Your eyes widened at this information. 2 days?? That's lesser than you expected. Hang on. What happened while you were unconscious??

"If you're asking what happened after you passed out, to keep it short, the Straw hats defeated Crocodile and the Alabasta kingdom is currently mending the damage"

"Heh, you know me well, Smoker" you giggled and rested your back on the edge of the tub. "Who would have thought that the rookie pirates defeated one of the Shichibukai? Pretty unbelievable"

You turned your head to him. "Say, because the pirates defeated Crocodile and saved the kingdom, did the government cover this incident up under wraps??"

"Yea, I got a call from the higher-ups not long after, saying that I was credited for subduing Crocodile"

You frowned. "And did you accept it??"

He scoffed. "Of course not. They can go eat shit for all I care"

Your expression was relaxed. "Well that's good to know"

Then there was silence. You don't want to disturb Smoker with any more questions now that you have asked a lot. Smoker sighed and put down the documents.

"What is it?? I know you wanted to ask something" he grunted.

You rubbed the back of your neck. "I do, but I don't want to bother you with many questions. Plus I might be disturbing your work"

"It's better than leaving the questions unanswered" he bluntly replied.

You wanted to retort but quieted down and sighed. "This is not related to the incident but more on a personal side. Do you know anyone that wears a weird-looking white suit and a huge glass sphere on their head??"

He quirked a brow. "That's what the Celestial Dragons wear. Why?? Do you know any Celestial Dragons by chance??"

At the mere mention of the name, Celestial Dragons, my body trembled with a look of shock at it. What is this feeling?? Why do I feel this way??

"(First Name), are you okay?? Your body is trembling" Smoker asked.

Was he concerned about you?? Now that was new but now's not the time to think about that. "I don't know. It's just . . ." you trailed off. You don't know how to put it in words.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"No, no. It's okay. It's just that I'm trying to find the right words to explain. You see, the reason I asked you that is related to my missing memories"

"Memories??" he emphasized.

"Yea, I lost my memories 10 years ago. I don't remember anything about myself, my origins, and my parents if I have any. That's the main reason why I set out to sea. To relieve them. These past 10 years, I keep getting muscle memories but not my actual memories. Recently, I got a flashback which is how I saw . . .that"

"If that's your main reason, then why didn't you ask the marines for information??" he questioned.

"If that were the case, then I wouldn't be living as a pirate right now. And don't think I haven't tried that. I found no records of my origins, completely erased or recorded. It's like I'm not from this world . . ."