28 - Meeting Laboon

It's been hectic for the past couple of weeks. The crew met a girl named Apis and helped her with a millennial dragon to get to their home. Although there were a couple of corrupted Marines in the way, you were already frustrated with the one at Arlong Park and now you had to see that bullshit.

Your new outfit

You and the Straw Hats are currently being guided downwards by the canal at Reverse Mountain

You and the Straw Hats are currently being guided downwards by the canal at Reverse Mountain. You missed the windy breeze like when you first traveled down for the first time 8 years ago. As you guys continued to plummet safely, an odd noise echoed off the rocky walls of the mountain.

"Did you guys hear something??" The crew's swordsman shouted over the roaring winds.

"What?! What's that?!" Nami shouted questionably.

"That groaning sound!! Didn't you hear it?!"

"It was probably just the wind!!"

Then up ahead a large black shape appeared against the white of the thick clouds. "(First Name)-koi!! Nami!! I see a mountain up ahead!!" Sanji called out.

"What?! That's impossible!!" Nami cried in disbelief.

"That's because it's not a mountain!!" You replied.

"If that's not a mountain, then what is that?!"

"W-what are we going to do?!" The sniper stuttered.

"Should we fight??" Luffy suggested.

"And how exactly would we plan on taking that thing on?!" Ghin questioned snappily.

"Calm down!!" Sanji responded coolly despite the state of the situation. "If this creature looks like a giant wall to us, we must be a speck!!"

Nami's head snapped in the cook's direction. "That's right!! It's possible this thing isn't aware of us yet!!"

"We'll run into it unless we change course!!" Zoro pointed out hastily. "Look!! We can get by on the left!!" He pointed out the gap between the cape and the whale wide enough for the ship to get through. "Port!! Hard to port!!"

"The rudder's broken!!" Usopp reminded.

"Well, we've got to do something!!" Ghin retorted. "Or else we'll be dead before we even reach the Grand Line waters!!"

"Hold on to the railings!!" you shouted as you run to the side of the ship.

"What are you gonna do?!"

"Something crazy!!"

You jumped high out of the Going Merry. While falling, you grabbed onto the railings and used your weight with enough force to slow down the pace and steer the ship at the same time. Which it did turn but only a little.

Just when everything seemed lost, a loud explosion resounded and the Going Merry lurched to a stop, knocking everyone off their feet. Or in your case, sent flying into the water.