Chapter 2 I didn't believe her

Detective Tucker Simmons POV

I was sitting in the meeting listening to my partner Bryson Justice as he talks about the case with the others. I just couldn't understand why she would do this, why would she kill her husband. My best friend, for what reason would she do this. Was there something going I didn't know about?

Women who usually kill their husbands had reasons, what reasons did she have? Did she do it for money? I shook my head.

The woman I knew. No the woman I thought I knew wasn't that woman after all. I had to believe it, that Natasha was a murderer who killed my best friend who was her husband. She deserved to be in jail. "Chief" a fellow officer rushed in the room. Our boss was sitting down listening to what was being said but look up at the men when he mentions his title

"Yes? What is it?" He asked confused to why this fellow officer would interrupt an important meeting when they mentioned that they did not want to be interrupted. "Sir, she has escaped. The cell is empty." The officer said. "What!!!!!!!!!" the chief screamed slamming his fist on the desk. "How was she able to escape?!" Justice asked fondling with the remote to the camera so he can see on the flat screen how it happened. "Sir there was limited amount of officers around because of the meeting." He said.

Of course, I thought, dumb ass justice wanted everyone at the meeting. Limited officers around wasn't a good idea. The screen came on and we saw me bringing Natasha towards the cell, it showed that I was talking to her and she had a sad look on her face. She looked like she was about to cry as I was talking to her. I don't know why but I felt my inside turn, I never wanted to see that look on her face but I caused that look. "Put the volume up justice." I heard the chief say; I turned around and saw justice staring at me.

I gave him a look and he seems to shake off his thought and raised the volume. I was talking to Natasha at that time. "Tuck I didn't do this." She said staring at me with tears in her eyes ready to be shed. I saw myself opening the cell door and her walking in. "I want to believe you Na- Mrs. Baez but I can't," I said to her closing the cell door and walking away. I remember when I was walking away I stopped, I remember saying 'I loved her.' I fell in love with my best friend's wife.  I knew it couldn't return, but my feelings for her never went away.

"I'll fast forward to where she escaped," Justice said. Fasting forward you could see everyone leaving and she was still in the cell in one position, she looked drained. She suddenly fell to the ground holding her head in her hands. She was shaking; I fixed my position and moved my seat forward so I can stare at the screen up close.

I was furious; I didn't want anyone seeing her in that state. Thankfully Justice fast forward who senses my uneasiness. 

It showed her behind the cell, she unchained something from her neck it looked like a key. "What is that?" the chief ask. "It's a key," Justice answered. "She's using it to unlock the cell." Officer Perez, a female officer said. "How did she get such a key? I don't remember us having any of those keys that are like that around. Our cell keys don't even look like that." The chief said.

The cell opened and she placed the necklaced around her neck. "What the fuck," Johnson said, another officer. "What is she doing?" Martin said while we watch her take off her jacket and throwing it on the floor. She started taking off her pants. "Shouldn't we fast forward?" I finally spoke. Everyone look at me I was quiet until now. "Yeah that sounds like a good idea; I'm not trying to get a strip tease." The chief said. But it was too late because Natasha already took off her pants. "She has tights on," Perez said.