Ch. 23 It's Okay

CH .23 It's okay

(Tucker POV)

So here I was, sitting in front of my dad.

My actual Dad. When everything that's been going on, this was something that was thrown into it.

I've never even met the man before of course, but I saw the resemblance between us. We just place our order with the waitress, I noticed the waitress name tag and found her name to be unique. It's not every day you meet a person having their name as a name of a country.

Then again, it just hasn't been a good couple of days at all.

I let out a sigh, not really knowing what to say.

I, of course, was going to let him lead the conversation, I found information about my mother the first week I started Law Enforcement. I wasn't ashamed to admit that, that I used that to get information about that woman.

I eye the man in front of me, who was my father who missed so many years of my life and never got the chance to even meet me as a child, teenager, and young adult.

I wanted to understand, I wanted to understand what attracted him to the woman that gave birth to me. I wasn't really considering that woman as a mother but a birth giver. She simply gave birth to me and that was all.

I wanted to know what he saw in her, was she horrible when he met her or after she left him.

These were information that reports couldn't give me, these were information that only someone that knew the person and someone who had been with that person could give me.

He stared at me and let out a sigh.

"I met that woman, I don't want to call her your mother because she was never a mother to you or Olivia. I met that woman while she was pregnant with Oliva, she wanted to have an abortion, but that wasn't why she was in the hospital. She was actually in there because she tried to kill herself, she said she wanted the abortion, didn't want the baby at all but it was too late to do that. It wasn't safe for her. She kept saying that this had to do with the Devil and all of that, well come to find out. She was raped and the outcome was the child." He said which caused my eyes to widen.

"Oh my God," I said, my heart clenching for the sister I never got the chance to grow up with, for the sister I can remember saving me and for the sister I knew that went through a lot with that woman.

"You know, I didn't really take her outburst seriously. This was a woman who was rape. I wondered why she didn't go to the hospital straight away when she was rape. But then, of course, we, later on, found out that she did, but left before she got the results. Why she didn't go seek help? The only thing that popped in my mind why she didn't seek help was that she was scared or she wasn't here legally." He said and the words settle in with me.

"The hospital I was working in had programs and I got her into one. A program that would help her go through her pregnancy and help her, her self. She truly felt like she was being forced to have a baby she didn't want to have and I guess that's exactly how it was to her. As I worked with her, We bonded, she was very sweet underneath the tough act she always had on. That's what I thought and sparks flew between us. I was so surprised though, I was taken off guard when she went into labor with Olivia and decided she wasn't going to give Olivia up for adoption." He said and I nodded my head.

"But Olivia ended up in the system either way," I said and I watched as my father face show a sad expression.

"Yeah, she did. It's crazy how far the system can take you. When I met that woman, it was in Chicago." He said causing my eyes to widen.

"I helped her raise Olivia, Olivia may not be mine but blood and I understand you're but I got the chance to raise her, I was even the one who named her. Her whole name, but when Olivia turned five, it was like something just flipped. I just couldn't believe it, I helped that woman get into school, took her into my home and loved her. She somehow got into hanging out with the wrong crowd, she started taking drugs and before I knew it she took Olivia and left, just like that. Leaving me a stupid note. I tried looking for her, I really did because I couldn't let Olivia stay with that woman. That woman was a lost caused but I could still save the daughter. I had no idea what she had Olivia go through, I had no idea what she's done but when I saw that woman again, but this time she was pregnant. It took me off guard when I saw her. I did the math. That baby was mine, I was that baby father and I tried to get to her, she was prostituting herself. Why would she leave the life I made for her to do that? I just didn't understand." He said letting out a breath.

Each word settles in and I watch different pain expressions make their way on his face.

This man was truly hurt and heart is broken, I knew there was much more to the story but knowing that it would pain him, even more, I couldn't face myself to ask.

There were just certain things you didn't dig up because you knew it would cause that person pain. You knew that that person would feel so much pain if you did.

It was like opening a Pandora box for him.

I knew there would be a day when he told his whole story but I was grateful for the most of it that he told me now.

I knew it took a long time for this day to happen but knowing that I wasn't completely abandoned but taken away from two people made it hurt.

I stared at the bracelet on my arm, the bracelet that Olivia gave me when I was a kid. I've always got that Bracelet adjusted as I grew older and older.

I looked at my father, he was a Doctor and he's been a doctor for a long time.

"I'm looking forward to having you in my life," I said to him and I saw how his expression changed on his face showing relief and a pure of happiness.

"I'm looking forward to being in your life and I am happy about it." He said and I laughed.

I had no idea when our food was placed in front of us, and I would have to thank the waitress, for some reason she probably senses that our conversation was one that didn't need to be interrupted.

"So what is it are you planning to do about this case you're working on." He said taking a bite out of his burger.

It made me chuckle how we ordered the same thing.

I let out a sigh.

"I need to find her, I need to find her and try to keep her safe," I said and my Dad nodded his head.

"Is there any way you can find out where she is?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"We have no clues, for now, she's been keeping herself out of the radar but I'm sure she's still in the state, There's no way she left," I said and my dad raised an eyebrow.

"You're underestimating this woman." He said and I ate a french fry.

"No, I'm sure she's still here. We just have to keep looking that's all." I said eating my fry.

Natasha is still here, I'll find her. She's still near, I'll find her and earn her trust.

I thought hoping that it could be true.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Well, well, well Tucker That's what you think. Hahaha, you better find Natasha soon because a lot has been going on. Will see what happens in the next chapter. Give this chapter a

VOTE, Comment & Share

xoxoxo

-Kassandra Vivu