CH.18 To judge or not to judge

CH. 18 To judge or not to judge

(Tucker POV)

I was in the car.... with my dad

The feeling when that cross my mind was weird, I didn't how to explain it. This man was my father but yet he knew nothing about me and I knew nothing about him.

The only thing we knew about each other besides being each other family is that I was a Detective and he was a Doctor.

I didn't know what to say, truthfully I didn't even know where to go.

I needed to also get to know my sister and the fact that I only had a couple conversations with her without actually getting to know her made me feel bad.

A lot of things were making me feel bad and I just wanted to question the world why everything out of nowhere was hitting me like this out of a sudden.

"Don't know what to say either huh?" He said next to me, I took a glance at him for a brief second before I turned to focus back on the road.

"No, well I look like you," I said, not really knowing what to say but agreeing with what he said.

He let out a small chuckle.

"Good, that means you're good looking." He said which caused me to laugh.

It changed the air around us and I was glad that it was said which helped.

"under the circumstances, with it being bad and all, I'm happy that I'm getting the chance to know you. that's the only thing I'm glad about coming here, it's the only good thing about what's going on. I have bad memories in this place." He said which caused me to raise a brow.

"Care to elaborate?" I asked, I obviously wanted to know his story. I mean, who wouldn't... How did he meet my fuck up of a mother, how was the situation, obviously the situation wasn't handled at all what's so ever?

I mean right?...... I knew my mom was fuck up when I look into her background.

How could someone be like that to their own children?

My line of work made me realized that they're a lot of people out there who are actually fuck up and I couldn't believe it when I first started but now it's a shake to the head and seeing how I can help the child who actually needs it.

Sometimes when child services are actually needed, they don't do anything. They're some departments when they're needed the most they're not there.

The fact that the world works like that angers me.

"Ah, that face. I recognized it. thinking about something that angers you aren't you?" He asked me and I nodded my head without looking at him.

"Yeah... I kind of figure, I find myself thinking about things to that anger me. Wondering how, why and how could have stopped it from happening. but you truly on realized there's nothing you could have done. if it didn't happen then it would have happened the next day or the next week, or even the next month. you just have to think about the moment now and how you can make something better out of it." he said and my eyes widen taking in his advice.

"It's a rare thing when a father and son can share the same experience," I said and I could see him nodding his head from the corner of my eyes.

"Right you're about that. if I knew that such a thing would have happened I would have taken you and her away when I had the chance." He said and the words that weren't said were felt.

"Would you have?" I asked him, reaching a red light and taking that moment to finally stare at the man who was my father. This man is my Father.

I eyed him, it was true we looked alike and I noticed from the look on his face that he was a man who faced and had been through many things.

He honestly looked like a man who has been hurt, let down and broken many times. Yet here he still is, sitting in a car with me. His son, not knowing if I actually wanted anything to do with him.

Not knowing what my true reaction towards him is. a man who I don't truly know but from what I can see.

I see he's been through so much.

I wanted to know what, I wanted to know him.

Things happen for a reason and me, meeting him right now this very moment happened for a reason and there was no way I was going to let that go away.

"I want to know everything," I said and he nodded his head.

The light turned green, letting me know the okay for driving.

"You can. a matter of fact I want to tell you everything. When I tell you everything, I want you to take it day by day to take it in but do not let it dwell or cause you stressed. The past is the past and we can not change that. We can only make our future better and I don't want you living in the past because of the information I am going to give you." He said and I let what he said to run through my head.

I let out a chuckle which I see startles him, quickly explained myself and the reason for my chuckling.

"You sound like a very wise man, you don't happen to like literature do you?" I asked him hoping he said yes.

He gave me a small smile, letting out a small laugh. "Of course I do, call me old as much as you want but I love my literature." He said

I turned into a diner that Justice and I go into and parked my car in the parking lot.

"So do I, we have something in common. if you don't mind I would like to get the chance to know more about what we have in common and also the truth about why Olivia and I were separated from you and each other." I said and he nodded his head,

"Let us go then, son."

*(Kassandra Speaks)*

I wanted this chapter to be about Tucker getting in a look at what happened to his family that he could have had. of course the story to him would have to be told by him, by his father. Dr. Nila those of you know or don't know is from my book. "Give me Courage." He is Olivia & Tucker father. Although he isn't Olivia Biological father, he is known to be by her. a father who was taken out of their children lives by force is a thing that takes a lot to get through. I hope you enjoy this chapter, also know that many chapters will have you feel a whole a lot of emotions.