CH. 42 "Can't get attach"

(Natasha POV)

Sunlight was hitting my face, I slowly opened my eyes and found myself looking at a body in front of me.

I blink repeatedly taken off guard but came to the realization that it was Damian in front of me.

His arms were wrapped around me, and I was facing his chest.

I tried to steady my breath, at first I forgot how we ended up in this position until I remembered that I didn't want to have another nightmare so I asked him if he could lay next to me.

That didn't answer the fact that his arms were wrapped around me and holding on to me.

I looked towards the window, the sunlight letting me know that it was morning and I turned my attention back to Damian who was in front of.

I watched as his chest moved up and down, letting me know that he was breathing at a steady pace.

I moved my eyes to look up at his face.

I analyze his facial expression.

Wondering what he thought of my little episode yesterday.

My mind wonder to Tucker & Detective Bryson.

I wonder what they were doing right now, I needed to get in contact with that woman who was next to them.

Part of me wondered if I should get in contact with Ireland and them. Jeff siblings were nothing like him, they knew that he was a monster. They just couldn't do anything to stop it.

They couldn't do anything to stop him.

Damian suddenly moved and I looked up to find him opening his eyes, looking down at me.

"Hey, you're up? Good morning." He said.

"Morning," I said.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked me, not looking like he was going to let me go.

"Yes, I slept okay. Did you?" I asked him.

"I slept well, you had another nightmare last night and the only way I could get you back to a comfortable sleep was to wrap my arms around you and to bring you close to me. I also whispered soft words, which helped." He said causing my eyes to widen at what he told me.

"Really?" I said he nodded his head.

"Yes, I hope that was okay. I just couldn't just stand by and let it continue with not at least helping you." He said.

"No, it's fine. I just didn't think." I started to say but lost my words.

"I told you, I'll help you in any way I can. I mean what I say and I stand by my words." He said making eye contact with me.

I nodded my head slowly.

"Thank you," I said.

"How do you feel, how's the baby?" He asked, looking down at my tummy.

"I feel okay, but I think I definitely should have a doctor visit soon. It's needed." I said, looking at my little belly.

"You know, being this close. I notice the little booger." He said, causing me to look up with a weird facial expression that caused him to laugh.

"Little booger?" I said. He laughed even more.

"Yeah, baby needs a pet name." He said.

I held back a snort.

"So you came up with little booger?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

"Cute," I said.

"You know you like it." He said causing me to let a snort out.

His eyes widened and he cracks a smile.

"Did you just snort? Aw, that's so cute." He said, causing me to roll my eyes.

We both didn't pull away from each other.

"Do you think the others are up?" I asked him.

He let the question register in his head.

"It's either they are up in the kitchen or they're up to but still in their rooms like we are right now." He said.

"What do you think of Tommy?" I asked him.

"Well, it depends on what way." He said.

"It's obvious he's gone through stuff, it's obvious he has a history with the Grim Reaper. Do you think he would know if the Grim Reaper was involved in certain things?" I asked Damian.

"As in, if he would know if the Grim Reaper had anything to do with the people who took your sister?" He asked me and I slowly nodded my head.

"They were together, he saw the Grim Reaper in every way and knows him better than anyone, it won't be a surprise when the Grim Reaper comes for Tommy, Tommy is the only one who knows him and probably is the only one that can bring him down. So he might even know a lot about certain cases regarding the Grim Reaper. I think we should just ask Tommy questions regarding information that we need answers to. Before the Grim Reaper gets here, although getting to see how the Grim Reaper will be quite interesting." I said. He nodded his head.

"I just hope he doesn't sneak in out of nowhere," Damian said, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Honestly, if he does. I wouldn't even be surprised, totally fits his personality from what we've been told and if he shows then he's definitely going to go for Tommy, that's who he wants. So Tommy and Kevin sharing a room, is going to have to be cut short now." I said and Damian's eyes widened.

"Yeah. You're right about that, but let's focus on you. Do you think the Grim Reaper has information regarding your sister and also regarding Jeff?" Damian asked me.

"I think the Grim Reaper has a lot of information, and even if he has nothing to do with what happened to my sister or who actually killed Jeff, he's going to have some information. He's a very powerful role in the industry he's in and he's going to have some answers. I just hope it'll be easy to get them out of him." I said letting out a sigh.

"Well, maybe Tommy can help." Damian offered.

"I was planning that I'm already interested in his story. So I don't see a problem with us not at least being friends and helping each other out. We all are going to need a little help after all." I said and Damian nodded his head.

"So, do you plan on letting me go?" I asked him softly.

"It depends." He said.

"Depends on what," I said looking at his arms still wrapped around me.

"Do you want me to?" He asked.

I laid silent for a couple of seconds.

"Because I don't want to." He said.

This can't happen.

I can't have feelings for anyone.

I can't get attached.

I can't do this to myself, my baby or anyone.

I just can't.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Hey, Dolls!!!!! Do you think Natasha and Damian should be a thing? It seems like we have a love triangle. Well, we'll see.

Do you think the Grim Reaper might have information on Natasha? Comment your answer below!!!!

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu