CH. 16 This Partnership

Ch. 16 This Partnership

(Natasha POV)

I stared at him, I wanted him to know how serious I was. This was no joke, this was serious.

A lot of innocent people have been accused of crimes they've never committed and thrown into prison with people who've actually committed these crimes.

I wanted to stop that from happening and before I can stop and help others, I should start helping myself by proving my innocence.

"I know I am going to need your partnership also, which is why I think us being partners is going to be a good thing, You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours," I said to Damian.

"Ah I get it, you obviously want me to help you bring the person who killed Jeff down. " He said feeling highly of himself but I shut it down.

"Well no, when you said that the person who killed Jeff must have been extremely wealthy and successful, probably would have the extreme signs of protection. So yes it's going to take a process to bring that person down. Luckily I have proof and know who it is." I said

Damian nodded his head slowly, understanding everything I was trying to say.

"We've been here for too long." he finally said.

'

I raised an eyebrow, thinking brow. He was right, we've been here for too long and if anyone actually paid to close of an attention to me would they figure me out like he did? so which means I would have to get out of here.

"I have a place, hear me out before you reject my offer, it's a safe place. The security system I have set up with the place is actually amazing and worth it. I have cameras watching the place and it sends me alerts if anything happens outside or inside or anywhere near my destination." He said and I nodded my head remembering that I actually wanted to see what Tucker had wanted to say.

a thought ran through my mind, could it be a trap?

I don't know why I have this feeling but I feel like it wasn't a trap.

Something inside of me was telling me that it wasn't a trap. Maybe I should go through with this, follow the breadcrumbs that are my thoughts.

My mind went back to the woman who was with Tucker and the other people, she seem like she would understand that was the vibe she was giving me and the vibe I was getting from her only.

"Yes, let get out of here and I might want to throw a couple of breadcrumbs to a couple of people though," I said getting up and grabbing my things making sure I had everything and didn't leave anything behind.

"You can ride with me."

He said and I nodded my head I was going to tell him that I had a ride but it was best if it ditched that ride.

Can't ride around with something stolen being a fugitive and all.

It's like I would be holding a sign pointing towards me that tells the world who exactly I am and that I am ready to be arrested.

"Okay, follow me." He said getting up also and I followed him.

We arrived at a parking lot and I was trying to imagine which car he looks like he would drive.

He walked towards a blue GT Mustang 2017.

"How in the world did you get that?" I asked him to confuse on why in the world he was working there if he could afford a car like that.