44

'It's cold outside, make sure you button up' I tell to Caroline.

she smiles a little bit and it warms my heart. She listens to me and zips her jacket. She turns around to see if she didn't leave anything behind.

'Searching for this?' I tell her while holding her phone.

'How did you??' she widened her eyes. 'Jack??' she laughs.

'You thought I forgot my skills?' I smile.

'You! Give it back!' she screams, but in a sweet way.

Caroline runs towards me while I'm holding her phone lifted up. I'm not so much taller than she is but I still manage to make her fight for it a little bit.

I'm laughing while she is trying to reach it.

'You never lost your abilities' she says with a smile.

'Thanks to my badass teacher' I say when I give her phone back and meet her eyes.

back to our childhood days we lived in the same area. Caroline was 1 year older than me. I was an innocent kid who used to play football with the boys and watch dragon ball at the evening. I thougth I'm really living my best days until I met Caroline. She was so little yet such a rebel. The one who introduced me to another world, more interesting and challenging for me as I recall now. One of these things was shoplifting. It is not that our parents didn't buy us things, it was more like to have fun, a desire for adrenaline. I had no idea how she was doing all this but I was willing to learn. And she teached me. By the time instead of kicking ball I was exploring new places with Caroline. As crazy as it sounds I only wanted more and more. It is just now that I'm wondering if I really wanted to belong there or just be with her wherever she goes. After our endless exploring together, she also let me to explore her. Not only what is her favourite color or animal is, but where does she like to be kissed and touched the most. Caroline was my first girl ever to everything.

'And I thought you have changed' she grabs the phone and says sneakily.

'I changed for you' I say in such a sweet voice.

'Stop being such a playboy!' Caroline shouts on me and hit to my chest with her fist.

I giggled.

She understood my jokes. And we both matched our energies. We were kids when we first fell in love with each other and then teenagers when everything has changed. Now we are adults, with our past, lessons and different choices. But deep down I knew that if I had to choose, I would always choose her.

'I think my dad would be happy to see me smiling' she frozed and said. 'After so many months I'm smiling again thanks to you' she added.

my smile disappeared then.

'Why didn't you answer my calls all this time?' I come to her and ask while taking both of her hands in to mine.

'I couldn't' she says to me. 'I had to bear it all alone' Carol says.

'You didn't have to' I say. 'And you didn't have to push me away either' I touch her cheek.

'I'm sorry' that's the only one thing she can say right now.

'Everything is fine, no need to be sorry. Let's go, I will take you home' I command. I take the laying keys on my table and we leave the shooting place together.

After closing the doors I take one cigarette out of my inner pocket. I put it in my mouth but then Caroline comes and takes it out.

'I do not want to loose another dear person because of cancer' she says and looks at me panicked.

It makes me confused for a second but then I realise what this is all about.

'Do not worry darling, nothing will happen to me' I take her tiny face in to my palms.

Her eyes still watered but she is not crying yet.

'Nothing will happen' I repeat. 'Look' I command.

I then demostratively take a whole pack of marlboro cigarettes out of my jacket and throw them away to a trash can.

'See? I will be fine' I add. And then a very little smile appears on her face. Caroline also comes to me and throw away that one cigarette she was holding.

'Now that you will not smoke I'm feeling much better' she says to me. 'And when I feel better I want to eat' Carol adds and smiles.

I laugh.

'You didn't change at all! Did you?' I ask her and we both laugh.

'Stop it' she says shyly.

'Okay, I know one place and you are going to love it there' I say and her eyes sparks.

I wanted to grab her hand and go to the car but my phone rings.

Considering that it is late evening must be something important.

'Hello?' I answer.

'You asked us to investigate, about the painting' R said.

'And?' I ask.

'Now they took Jungkook' R says to me.

'Jungkook? The one who is Namjoon's friend?' I ask in disbelief. 'What the hell Jungkook has to do about it?' I'm confused.

'All of them. Jungkook, Jimin, Jin, Taehyung and Yoongi. Not sure whos idea was all of this but this terrible act was their job, Jackson' R says to me and my heart skips a beat.

'What the fuck are you talking about??' I lost control and started shouting.

'Police infiltrated in this matter since the beginning and now they took Jungkook. They may offer him to work with them' R does not stop talk to me but his words just doesn't make any sense anymore to me. I can't believe what is happening.

What am I supposed to do with this information? How should I tell this to Namjoon? How on earth these innocent boys commited such a big crime?

I put the phone down not hearing what else he has to say because it's too much for me.

'FUCK!' I shout. 'FUCK!' I'm trying to hold myself.