He Doesn't Know - Juice

Anything in italics is Spanish.

Description: Juice and his old lady agree to take in her brother for a week but it's right when Juice gets back from Ireland and is headed to prison soon.

My phone ringing drew me from my conversation. It was my mother. I smiled a little as I excused myself. I hit the answer button and held the phone to me ear.

"Momma what's going on?"

"Can't I just call my daughter?"

I chuckled a little. "You haven't just called me since I started dating Juan."

She complained that I was lying and immediately went into telling me about my younger brother's truancy. She was raising him on her own and he was quite a bit younger than her first set of kids. That's because he wasn't actually hers. My older sister had gotten pregnant very young and our mother had agreed to raise him as her own.

"Momma, send him to stay with me for a few weeks. You need a break."

She protested as there was some yelling from the group gathering on the lot. I sighed a little and ran a hand through my hair.

"Momma, I'll be there to pick him up later tonight."

She tried to protest again but I wouldn't let her. She finally agreed and I told her I'd be fine to take care of him for a week or two.

I heard Clay asking if any of the guys picked up Spanish in Stockton.

"Seriously? No one speaks Spanish?" Clay asked.

All eyes fell on my old man. He looked panicked. "I'm a Puerto Rican from Queens. I speak better Yiddish."

I looked over at my old man, almost daring him at ask me to step in. Luckily there were a few Mayans around and their President stepped in instead.

I headed back over to the croweaters I'd been talking to but they all had disappeared now that the patches were back. I headed into the clubhouse and grabbed my stuff from the bar. I went out to my car and looked at the guys impatiently about removing their bikes from my way.

"Where you going?" Juice asked as he walked over to me.

"To get my brother. He's being a dick. And my mother can't put up with it anymore," I said. "Is it okay that he stays with us for a week or so?"

"Yeah of course. Why don't I go with you?" He asked.

"Can you get away from the club?" I asked.

He nodded and jogged over to Jax and Clay. They both looked over at me as he explained.

Before too long we were on the road. It was about two and a half hours to my home town. Juice and I talked and sort of caught up as he drove. He'd been in Ireland for a while with the club and he was about to go to prison. I think that might be part of the reason he asked to come with me.

When we pulled up in front of my mothers home she was waiting outside for us.

"How're you and my grand baby?"

"Good but Momma he doesn't know yet," I said. She nodded. She didn't speak much English so I wasn't worried she would tell Juice. I'd found out I was pregnant while they were in Ireland. Lyla was pregnant too. She'd gone a week or so ago and got an abortion though.

My brother walked out with a duffel bag in one hand and his cell phone in the other.

"Hey man," Juice said. My brother just nodded.

"Why're you doing this?" He asked.

"Momma needs a break. Besides I think you'll enjoy Charming."

"Plus I could use a video game partner who might not be a handicap," Juice said, causing me to shove him a little. We laughed and my brother smiled. He was better, less angst filled, when he stayed with us.

We said our goodbyes and got on the road once again. Once we were back in Charming, I decided we would just order food from the diner for dinner.

I called and placed the order while my brother got settled in. Since he was in his room I took the opportunity to talk to Juice.

"Hey, when are you going inside?"

"We have to turn ourselves in day after tomorrow," he said.

"I have to tell you something," I said. My brother walked into the kitchen and immediately turned to leave.

"Wait you should hear this too."

My brother just nodded but stayed in the doorway.

"I'm pregnant," I said. "I found out a couple weeks ago."

Juice threw his arms around me and held me while thanking me and crying.

"I love you Juice," I said.

"I love you too."

My brother congratulated us but our celebration was short lived as food arrived.

We spent the night catching up and talking, especially about baby names. Despite it being too early to know the gender the two helped me pick out names so we had some ideas before Juice went to prison. I knew I'd give birth while he was inside. I was terrified and excited at the same time. I didn't want to do this alone but I would never abandon Juice either.