Broke a Promise - Jax's Sister

Requested by BitchyUnicorn46

Description: When Jax breaks a promise he made to his little sister, he has to do everything in his power to make it up to her.

I looked out at the crowd as I finished up with my performance. This was a big deal. It was opening night of our musical and as a sophomore I was chosen to play the lead. I kept my fake smile plastered to my lips as I realized my brother hadn't made it.

I went back to the dressing rooms and changed out of my costume and into my jeans and hoodie. I grabbed my car keys and did a double to check to make sure I had everything before leaving without really talking to anyone.

When I got to the school lobby, my Uncles Piney and Bobby were waiting with my brother. I glared at him as I walked up.

"(Y/N) Teller, a real up and coming star," Bobby said, hugging me.

"Thanks Elvis," I said.

"Your dad would be real proud," Piney said. I hugged him and thanked him. I was only about five when JT died but Jax did a good job of reminding me of our father, including in times like this when he decided the club was more important than me or his promises.

"Sis-," he started the second Piney let me go.

"I'm not talking to you right now." I stormed passed him and out the door. I got in my car and sped home. I wasn't talking to anyone in my family currently. I wasn't expecting Clay or hell, even Gemma to show up. But Jax never broke a promise to me before.

When I got home I ran inside and immediately shut myself in my bedroom.

It wasn't ten minutes later that Jax was pounding on my door.

"Sis come on, at least let me explain," he said.

"Go away," I yelled.

He softened his voice and said my full name. "I'm sorry sis."

"I don't want to talk to you. You promised me Jax."

"What the hell is going on?" Gemma asked. I haven't called her mom in my head in years.

"Mom I've got it," Jax said.

"Clearly not if you two are screaming at each other."

"We're Tellers. This is called communicating," Jax said.

I laughed a little at that.

"I heard that. Open the door sis," Jax said.

"No," I yelled. "You broke a promise."

"Sis," he said. He pushed on the door a little and the flimsy old lock gave out. I knew it didn't work well, but I'd tried.

I threw a pillow at him.

"I deserve that."

"How could you break a promise?"

"I'm sorry sis," he said. "Really. I was doing stuff for the club. And being low man on the totem pole, Clay wouldn't let me leave."

"Tell him to fuck off. You promised me."

"I did. And I am sorry. And I brought an apology gift. And I will be there tomorrow."

I glared at him. He held up a gas station bag. I could faintly see some chips and candy as well as a drink.

"You're not buying your forgiveness. I hope you know that."

He nodded. "Yeah. But this is a start. I'll be there tomorrow. I talked to Piney this time, not Clay. He's already cleared me."

"Maybe I'll consider it tomorrow," I said. I glared at him.

"Maybe this will help?" He held up a bag of my favorite candy and my glare lessened. He tossed the bag at me.

"I'm still pissed at you," I said.

"I know." He said. "I deserve that."