The Exception - Tig

Description: Tig doesn't want to admit to liking a girl until Gemma calls them both out while they were all preparing for a party one night.

"She doesn't love me man," Tig's voice carried from the bar back to the kitchen. He didn't know I was back here helping Gemma prep for the party tonight. "She's not that stupid."

"Loving you isn't stupid, and neither is she," Bobby said. I smiled softly and looked over at Gemma. She shook her head a little. She knew how I felt about Tig, not that I was capable of hiding how he made me feel.

"She does love you," Gemma yelled. I glared at her as a smile spread on my face. I blushed a little and laughed softly. I couldn't be upset today if I wanted to. The club was doing so well and we were pretty stress free. Granted I was one of Gemma's friends, not a true club attachment but I was around so much anymore they just accepted me as family.

Plus tonight was going to be one hell of a party. Indian Hills, SAMTAC, and Dino were all riding in as well as most of the Nomads.

"Mama," Tig said, sticking his head into the kitchen. He saw me smiling and blushing as I tried to hide. As we made eye contact, I tried to hide behind my bangs but it didn't work. Tig smiled a little at me before he looked back to Gemma.

"A little heads up next time Mama," he said, glancing over at me.

"You two just need to admit it to each other. Everyone else sees it."

Gemma walked over to Tig and kissed his cheek before slipping past him and shoving him into the kitchen.

"Hi Tiggy," I said. I looked up from what I was working on.

"Hey," he said. "You need help or anything?"

"No but I am a little insulted that you think it would be stupid of me to love you," I said.

"It would," he said, closing the the distance between us.

"It wouldn't Tig."

"You don't know me."

"Tig," I said. His name was more of a sigh than a word. He brushed my hair from my face.

"I love when you say my name," he said.

"We should go on a date," I said.

It seemed to catch him off guard.

"I don't date," he said.

"Nevermind," I said. I shoved passed him but he caught my arm.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I want to baby."

"Don't Tig. Don't lie to me."

"I'm not," he said. "Be my date for the party tonight and we can go on a real date soon."

"I changed my mind Tig. You said you don't date. Plain and sim-."

His put his hand on my cheek and used his thumb to quiet me.

"You are the exception darling," he said. "So as my date for the evening, what do you need from me?"

"Can you stir this while I add the last of the ingredients?"

I had been tasked with making pasta and macaroni salads for tonight. Gemma wanted to serve dinner at like 7:30 for everyone since so many people were riding in today.

Tig took over and helped me finish up the salads, following my directions quite well.

"Thanks for all the help, but you can go. I don't want your image to get soft for you helping me."

I'd heard the bikes pull up outside same as him, and while the Redwood guys wouldn't say anything, the others probably would.

"Thank you baby," Tig said. He kissed my forehead and held my face in his hands for a minute. "If you need me, just find me."

I nodded a little. "Thanks for your help Tigger."

He nodded and went to leave so I caught his arm.

I don't know what came over me as I stood on my toes and pressed my lips to his.

He smirked as he pulled away. "Save that thought for later baby."

I smiled over at him as he walked out of the kitchen. That smile was still prominently on my face when Gemma walked in demanding answers as to why Tig and I were both so giddy.