The Exception Part 2 - Tig

Once I'd filled Gemma in, we immediately had to start getting the buffet ready. The croweaters were a little help but not much since the new brothers had arrived and they were all trying to decide who was going after who.

"You ladies need any help in here?" A woman asked as she walked into the kitchen.

"Sarah," Gemma said happily as she went to hug her. "It's been too long."

"Long ride down here from Tacoma," she said.

Gemma nodded a little. Sarah from Tacoma, I think she was Lee's old lady. Gemma had mentioned her briefly before. She was a nurse in like an ER or something.

"Sarah, this is (Y/N). She's Tig's-." Gemma paused, looking for the right word.

"Date for the evening. I'm a friend of Gemma's. That's how I actually wound up here. It's nice to meet you Sarah," I said.

"You as well," she replied. It made me feel better seeing her. She was a little more like me than Gemma. A little more straight and narrow. I think part of me needed to see that it could be done, living in this world having not been raised in it.

"So what needs done?" She asked and immediately Gemma put her to work. It only took us ten more minutes to have everything set up. Gemma got Clay's attention and he went to stand by the bar and make an announcement. Gemma grabbed my hand and pulled me along with her. Tig was already standing where Clay seemed to be headed. When we got close enough, Gemma shoved me into Tig.

"Hey baby," he said softly.

"Hi," I mouthed the word.

"You know, you fit right in with the old ladies. Lee's already asking when you'll officially be mine which means Sarah sees the same things in you that Gemma does," Tig said. I went to respond but Clay whistled for everyone's attention and I couldn't.

"I'd like to thank you all for coming in tonight. We've got a hell of a celebration for you, but first we've got dinner since you all rode in today. Lee, Jury, get up here-."

I looked over at Tig a little confused.

"Respect for visiting Presidents. There's an order to this whole thing. The guys will eat first, usually in order of their ranks. Then the old ladies, which you are one of, so just stick close to Gem. Then the prospects and the croweaters at the end."

I nodded and Tig wrapped his arm around me. We were only a few steps from Gemma so when it was Tig's turn to eat, I stepped up next to her.

"You'll eat with the old ladies," she said. "And we can bitch slap anyone who questions it."

"Thanks Gem," I said. I laughed a little as the patched members from all three charters gathered around the bar. Tig was the far end, a plate in hand and two beers in the other.

He looked back at me and nodded towards the door. The prospects had been tasked with setting up some tables which they would soon have to tear down.

I nodded and motioned to the tables of food. I was hungry and wanted to eat. He held up his plate.

"That fucking man," Gemma said with a chuckle. "Go he grabbed enough for you too."

I walked over to Tig and sure enough his plate was stacked.

"Grab some forks baby. We can share."

I grabbed some forks and napkins before taking the beers from him.

"Thanks Tigger," I said.

"By the time the guys got through the line I'd be done eating. I'd rather you eat with me."

He led me over to a table that was a little ways away from the door but close enough he'd hear if Clay yelled for him.

"I still appreciate it," I said. We sat down side by side as a few other guys made their way outside.

Tig tensed as a blonde guy walked out. He had Tacoma patches.

"Is that Kozik?" I asked softly. Tig had told me how much he hated that man.

"That would be him. Just steer clear of him tonight."

"You too," I said. Tig handed me a burger and I took it, eating it slowly as he told me about the people as they walked out. Lee and Sarah weren't far behind Kozik and Sarah just gave me a smile as the two took seats at another table.

"Sarah has taken a serious liking to you."

"I think most old ladies have."

"Cause you're one of them baby. Speaking of, they usually stick together at these parties. So, when it starts to get serious, stay with Gemma. You can sit inside and get all the old lady gossip or whatever it is they do."

"I thought I was your date."

"You are, but it's just how these things work. I'll come check on ya, and I'm sure a few of us will hit the ring at some point so you'll have to watch that."

I nodded and it quieted a little as someone stood in front of us, blocking the sun.

"Hap man," Tig said, motioning for Happy to take a seat. "This is (Y/N). Baby, this is Happy Lowman."

"It's nice to meet you."

"You too doll."

It was quiet for a minute as we all ate.

"Hap, man, heard you're going nomad?"

"Yeah, mom's real sick. Need to spend more time with her."

"We'll I'm happy you'll be down here more."

There was more to that. They wanted to talk without me.

"You two need anything?" I asked, grabbing Tig's empty beer bottle.

"Just a fresh beer," Tig said.

"Happy?"

"Another beer would be great," Hap said. If he was anything like Tig his first would be gone before I made it back inside. I went inside and behind the bar, grabbing two more beers before walking back to the men slowly.

Once dinner was done, the prospects cleaned up and got some fires started since the sun was setting finally.

Gemma stole me away from Tig and led me inside to the kitchen where the old ladies had stashed away some hard lemonades and other girlier drinks. Gemma introduced me to the few old ladies there that I didn't know. We made small talk, all the old ladies filling the others in on each charters gossip. I was fully surprised they let me in here with them given the fact that I wasn't an old lady.

A couple hours later, Juice, who was definitely cross faded, walked in, putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Fights are starting sweetheart and Tig wants you out there."

The other old ladies all nodded and we each grabbed a fresh drink and headed outside.