We'd Be Fine - Kozik

Description: Kozik meets Kip's twin sister.

Kozik's POV:

"What's the deal with her?" I asked Jax as I motioned to the dark haired woman standing with the Redwood prospect.

"Sack's twin sister. She's cool. Spends a lot of time here since they live together," he said.

I nodded. At least she wasn't anyone's old lady. I watched for a while longer as the two conversed in ASL. Sack and I had conversations so that meant she must've been deaf, or at the very least, had some type of hearing impairment.

"Think she'd go out with a brother?"

"If you can communicate with her you might have a shot," he said. I nodded and stubbed out the cigarette I'd been smoking. I stood up and walked over towards her.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I had just finished up telling Kip that I would be leaving soon when the blonde guy that had been with Jax walked over towards us.

I watched as Kip turned towards him and told him something. The blonde's response shocked me. He responded in nearly perfect sign language that he figured we'd be fine.

I smiled a little as Kip looked annoyed. He moved out of the blonde's way so he could walk over to me.

He introduced himself as Kozik and asked what my name was. I finger spelled it for him before showing him the sign Kip and our parents had used for my name.

"This is probably very forward of me but would you like to be my date for the party tonight?" He asked.

I nodded and signed that I would love that. He smiled at me. Someone must've yelled for him because he turned to face Jax and watched him for a few seconds. From this distance I couldn't read Jax's lips. I opted for looking at the patches on the front of Kozik's kutte. He was from Tacoma and the Sargent at Arms. He held the same position as Tig but I'd learned yesterday when Kozik and Happy showed up that the two didn't like one another. Kip wasn't really sure what had happened there but he said there'd been some type of falling out.

Kozik finally turned back to me and signed that he was needed for something and had to leave.

"I'll meet you here after church," I signed. He nodded and smiled a little before running off. I smiled at him and went back to the work in front of me.

I write YA books for a living so I usually spend my days here or at a cafe working. Kip likes it better when I'm here where he and Gemma can keep an eye on me. Gemma's been good to me so far and we usually communicate via texts. The rest of the Sons have been good to me too. When Kip explained that I was his sister most of them started looking out for me right then and there. Chibs especially. He was Kip's sponsor so I think he felt an extra sense of protectiveness because of that. I wished I could communicate better with them but most my communication has to be done with paper and pen because the guys haven't learned ASL.

I went back to working and stayed there until a shadow fell over the table. I looked up and sure enough Chibs was standing there with a pen and paper in hand.

He signed to ask how I was doing. I nodded and gave him a thumbs up. He'd learned some of the basic signs in attempt to communicate with me, but it would take years for him to learn to sign as much as Kip and I.

He handed me the paper. I looked down at it and read what he had written.

I saw the little moment with Kozik earlier. What was that about?

I rolled my eyes and wrote out what had happened between us. I handed it back and it looked like Chibs was laughing at us. He scribbled something down.