Good Behavior - Happy

Description: Jax Teller's little sister finds out she's going to have to marry Happy to keep from being forced to testify against him.

I glanced up at my brother as he walked in with none other than Happy Lowman. I glared at the two as they walked over and sat down at the table across from me. I'd known when I got the order from my mom to add Happy to my approved visitors list that it couldn't have been good.

"What the hell's going on?" I asked lowly. Jax just sighed a little and wiped his face before looking at Hap.

"This is about the-."

"Yeah," Jax said, cutting me off. We didn't need to finish the sentences anymore. I'd witnessed Happy commit a crime one time in my life and I knew in that moment it'd come back to bite me in the ass.

"Let me guess, we need to get hitched so I don't get a subpoena," I said softly. I glanced over at Happy and he was staring at me. He nodded just once. I sighed a little. He wasn't a bad looking man, and if I had to marry a random man at least I know Happy will protect me.

"I know it's not-."

I cut Jax off, "It's fine. Not how I dreamed of this happening but I'll do it."

"Good. You get out in a few weeks. We'll have the wedding then," he said.

"Look I don't wanna get married while in literal jail but I could get the order before I get out," I said. "And if I'm going to protect him I need to do it whole heartedly."

"You wanna get hitched sooner?"

"I wanna protect you jackass," I glared at Happy a little.

"Don't talk to me like that," he said.

"Or what?"

"Both of you knock it off," Jax said. "I'll talk to Lowen. In the mean time, hold on to these."

I took the envelop from Jax and opened it. It was filled with pictures, most of them photoshopped, of Happy and I.

The top one wasn't. It was taken the day this shit show started. He was sitting on his bike and I was standing with him talking. It hung in my living room from the moment it had been printed off and given to me. It was the first day Happy and I didn't try to kill each other, which was a big moment for us.

"Thanks," I said.

"I'm gonna wait outside. You two catch up," Jax said, getting up and walking away.

"Why wasn't I on the list?" Happy asked.

"I didn't think you'd want to be," I said. "You're not exactly known for your loving personality."

"Doesn't matter," he said.

"You're on the list now," I said. "So relax."

"I'm looking at serious time. I can't relax."

"You know me Hap," I said, hoping he realized I was trying to hint that I would never rat on him. Ever.

He nodded. "Are you doing okay?"

I smiled a little. "It could be a lot worse than it is."

He just nodded. He'd done time. He understood.

"For the record," I said. "If I had to marry a brother, I'm glad it's you."

"Tig's not."

"Tig's a creep," I said. "He freaks me out a little."

"And I don't?"

"Are you a necrophiliac?"

"No."

"Then no," I said, laughing a little from my nerves.

"Teller," one of the guards said and I looked in the direction of my name.

"I didn't even-."

Happy grabbed my hand. "Don't."

"I didn't-."

"You're getting out in two weeks babe," Hap said. "Don't push your luck."

I nodded. "He's just jealous. Probably heard about your proposal."

Happy smirked. "Probably. And if we're getting married, you've gotta get out. So good behavior, okay?"

I glared at him. "I don't listen to you."

"Please," he said.

I nodded and the bell rang. Visitation was over.

"I love you," I said as he stood up. He looked back at me, clearly confused.

I wiggled my ring finger and he didn't understand.

"Marriage," I mouthed the word.

"I love you too," he said. He finally caught on.