Chapter 26

Hi my loves 💜💜💜

My writing isn't as detailed these days because I've been inactive for a while, please bear with me ❤️

***

Whenever the pain became unbearable, Jungkook felt like he was losing his mind. It wasn't an after effect of the accident, instead it started on its own. He was advised to seek therapy and Dr. Kang, a popular psychologist's business card awas stashed away inside the compartment of his night stand.

There was no way he was going to let a total stranger mess with his mind. He hated being around people and instead preferred keeping to himself. He'd handle the pain with medication for now.

Crouched in the corner of his room, he pulled at his hair with shaky hands. His phone had been blowing up since morning and he didn't have to check to know it was Mr. Jeon calling. He probably wanted to nag him about not showing up at work for a few weeks now. What was the point when it was more than certain he'd lost the inheritance? Not even a miracle could enable him to produce a heir.

He'd lose his mind any moment if he didn't find something to do. Ever since the revelation after the accident he'd been curious to find out what the doctor said was really true. Going back to his previous internet searches and without hesitation, he clicked on the first link and created an account before making an appointment.

He felt a little embarrassed because he was the Jeon Jungkook and didn't need to make any effort to get laid, but there he was signing up for a hookup site. An email notification popped up on his phone indicating that his appointment had been confirmed for that afternoon. He contemplated cancelling on it but then he'd never know. It would just be a one time thing and he'd never think of it again.

He arrived at the hotel a little earlier and waited for his company to arrive. He couldn't help but feel disgusted by the whole situation. He requested a bottle of whiskey with the hope that a bit of alcohol in his system would make him less aware and help him go through with it.

By the time his company, whom he barely took notice of, arrived he was almost too drunk to comprehend anything apart from her floral perfume. It smelled nice but it made him nauseous.

She tried to flirt and make advances at him and she was really good but he felt nothing. He had known it would be a waste of time, but he still wanted to find out and maybe try to accept the fact that his life would never be the same again. Politely he asked her to stop as he helped get her silky robe back on. Even though he'd already paid for the session beforehand, he placed a generous amount in her hand before mumbling an apology and leaving.

The streets were filled with people, all rushing to get to their respective destinations. It made Jungkook regret leaving his car behind for fresh air.

There was a gaming convention in gangnam and it was a good choice for a destruction. He'd focus on something he loved and forget everything that happened earlier. The only issue with those conventions was that they were usually too crowded for comfort.

Jungkook made sure to stand at the back avoid people crushing into him. He stashed his hands into his pockets and tried to watch until he felt a small tap on his thigh. He looked down and the frown on his face quickly melted into a smile. He hadn't seen the little boy in a while and the sight of him suddenly relaxed him.

"Are you here by yourself?" He asked before Woobin shook his head.

"I'm here with granny." He said before point into the opposite direction, "Granny!"

Jungkook spotted the older woman who usually accompanied the boy just a few metres away. Hearing Woobin call out to her made her turn around and take notice of Jungkook. With her usual kind smile she approached Jungkook and the little boy.

"You are here as well?" She asked, "I didn't know you were interested in this kind of thing."

Jungkook laughed before he spoke, "I'll have you know that I spent most of my younger years playing digital games."

"Is that so?" The woman raised her eyebrow in curiosity. "You know, you have something in common with my own son. I struggled to get him off digital games as he was growing up, I ended up giving up. He also rubbed it off onto his son."

Jungkook didn't miss the fondness in her eyes as she spoke of her son. He looked down at the little boy was trying his best to see what was happening ahead by standing on his toes. It was pointless.

"Would you like to take a look?" Woobin looked up and nodded, "How about I put you on my shoulders? Would you like that?"

Woobin's face lit up, "Can you really do that? Granny wouldn't because she has a bad back."

Jungkook smiled at the child's wisdom, "Well, I guess today is your lucky day."

In one swift move he picked him up and placed him on his shoulders. It made Woobin very happy to be able to see everything and something good pulled at Jungkook's heartstrings seeing how happy he made the child.

****

When Jungkook walked them home later, Woobin was fast asleep in his arms.

"Your son must be very busy." He said suddenly causing the woman to look at him, "Seeing how you always spend time with the boy."

"You are right. He's occupied with his court cases that he barely has the time. But I'll be honest with you. It's partially just an excuse to be away. He loves Woobin, but it's not a secret that sometimes he wishes he'd never had him."

Jungkook frowned, "Children are a gift, why would anyone feel that way?"

"He got pregnant very young and missed out on a lot of things young people do because he spent all his time committed to being a parent. Even though I stayed with the child during his university years, he still felt obligated to return home during breaks despite telling him he didn't have to."

"Where's the other parent?"

"I've never met him. He denied the pregnancy early on and my Jin wanted nothing to do with him after that, hence I never asked about him."

"He was an idiot for doing that. I bet he'd regret his actions if he saw Woobin today."

"Maybe that's true, but I doubt that time will ever come since my son never wants it to happen."

Jungkook nodded his head in understanding. What the woman said made him a little upset that he said quiet until they arrived at their house. Some people took having children for granted while it only remained wishful thinking for others. He'd never thought about kids before but after the accident he realised he would love a child of his own and it had nothing to do with the inheritance.

****

BORAHAE 💜💜💜💜