Chapter 30

Hi my loves 💜💜💜💜

*****

As promised Seokjin had picked up Jimin from the hospital, and while the latter, Woobin and the new baby took a nap, Seokjin sat in Yoongi's home study and explained everything to him.

"It's true we are lawyers and we can do anything to win this case," Yoongi said thoughtfully, "But it's the Jeons we are talking about. If this case ends up in court you Ivrmight end up losing custody of Woobin. They have enough money to buy out everyone."

"We have to figure something out. There's no way I'm letting into Woobin's life. He denied being the father when I was pregnant. I can use that against him."

"We can try that but we have to be really careful because everything might end up turning back on us. And sometimes you tend to get very angry so please try not to just for this time. Make sure you stay on Woobin's good side for the time being. If you scare him, and he's asked to choose whom he prefers between the two of you, you might end up losing custody on the basis of child abuse."

Seokjin's eyes widened, "I've never hurt my son."

"Of course but you yell at him sometimes."

"All parents yell at their kids, Yoongi. You'll find out now that you have a kid of your own."

Yoongi sighed, "We have such a great case against Jeon Jungkook, Seokjin so please don't mess it up because of one stupid mistake."

"Fine. I'll keep my temper in check for the time being."

"I pray you do." Yoongi pleaded, "The fact that Jungkook denied the child at first puts him at a disadvantage. But this isn't enough surety for us either because neither you nor Jungkook signed a denial of paternity, hence there's no proof he denied the child."

Seokjin was well aware of the things Yoongi was saying and it had been driving him crazy all day. He couldn't bear the thought of Jungkook playing family with him and his son after blatantly denying getting him pregnant.

"But you still have to tell Woobin the truth about Jungkook. He has the right to know who his father is."

Seokjin groaned as he lay his head on Yoongi's desk, "I must have committed a sin in my past life. I tried my best to avoid all this."

"Then you should have left the country when you had a chance. That way you could have multiplied your chances of Jungkook never running into you."

"How could I have known he'd end up claiming the kid. He'd clearly denied it so I believed it'd stay that way."

Yoongi sat back and thought for a minute, "That's what surprises me the most. He can just have another kid if he wants to."

"Exactly!" Seokjin exclaimed, "He must be up to something and we should get to the bottom of it. Who knows it might help me with this case."

******

Seokjin didn't take Woobin to school for an entire week with a lie that he was unwell. Everything seemed to return to normal and Jungkook didn't show up at his workplace anymore.

He decided it was okay for Woobin to return to school, but he'd pick him up himself. He'd even paid for the daycare service that was being offered after school hours just in case he was working late. Once he picked up Woobin and thanked the teacher, he led the little boy to the car, but as he was trying to open the car door, Woobin ran off.

"Woobin!" Seokjin yelled as he ran after him, but suddenly stopped when he saw Jungkook. He got down on one knee to Woobin's height level and embraced the child.

Seokjin was now furious. He walked over and pulled Woobin away causing Jungkook to stand up. Before Seokjin could stop himself, he slapped the other male.

"Let's go, sweetheart." He picked Woobin up and started walking back to the car.

"Seokjin!" Jungkook called after him, but he decided to ignore him, until the next thing that he said caused h to stop, "Did you tell him?"

Seokjin turned around and eyed the other male. He felt like screaming. Jungkook was making him angry and his patience was wearing thin.

"You know he deserves to know, right?"

"Jungkook, stop this!"

"Why? What's wrong with telling him that I'm his father."

Seokjin's eyes shot up before he looked at the child in his arms. He knew Woobin had heard that, but the child didn't react.

"Stop this madness, Jungkook and for your information, about the lawsuit, bring it on."

Seokjin didn't wait to hear Jungkook's response as he walked back to the car. He placed Woobin in the baby car seat before he got into the front.

When they arrived home he went out of the car to take Woobin out. The child eyed him expectantly, but he decided to act indifferent.

"Appa?" Seokjin hummed a response as he unfastened the straps in the car seat, "Is uncle Jungkook really my papa?"

Seokjin sighed. He didn't want to lie to Woobin anymore, "Yes baby. Jungkook is really your father."

There was a long silence before Woobin said something that stopped Seokjin's heart immediately, "Can I live with my papa?"

*****

BORAHAE 💜💜