Chapter 43

Hi my loves 💜💜💜

****

Jungkook and Seokjin sat on the plush couch in the living room, their bodies a little too close for comfort. Seokjin couldn't find the desire to sleep, with Woobin's life hanging in the balance. Jungkook, on the other hand, couldn't stop moving around the mansion, checking on security measures and making sure they were alone.

"What's the deal with your father?" Seokjin asked Jungkook, trying to destruct himself and breaking the awkward silence between them.

Jungkook paused from his pacing, looking at Seokjin with a raised eyebrow. "What do you mean?" he asked, genuinely confused.

"I noticed earlier that your father doesn't get along with you." Seokjin explained, "What's up with that?"

Seokjin's question hit a nerve in Jungkook, causing him to tense up. He cleared his throat and sat back down next to Seokjin.

"Actually, it's the other way around. I don't get along with my father," He corrected Seokjin.

Seokjin looked at him with concern, "What happened?"

Jungkook let out a small pained laugh.

"Well let's just say that when I was younger, I fell in love with the Jeon family's chauffeur's son. He was my first love, and we were happy together," Jungkook began, his voice trembling slightly. "But my father found out and forbade me from seeing him. He disapproved of the relationship, to say the least."

Seokjin's eyes widened in shock, not expecting such a revelation. "What did your father do?" he asked softly.

Jungkook took a deep breath, a knot forming in his stomach as he continued. "My father was livid when he found out about our relationship. He said it was a disgrace to our family and that I was betraying him by being with someone so far beneath our social status."

Jungkook's eyes dropped to his lap as he spoke, memories flooding back of the pain and fear he had felt at the time. "He went to great lengths to stop us from being together. He would physically hurt me and even locked me up in my room for days at a time. It was a nightmare, and I felt completely helpless."

"Despite the abuse, I refused to give up on our relationship. We would meet in secret whenever we could," he continued, a small smile forming on his lips as he thought back to those stolen moments of happiness. "We even made plans to run away together, but we were caught before we could carry them out."

Jungkook took another deep breath, steeling himself for the next part of his story. "That was when my father made me choose between him and the one I loved. I was torn, but ultimately, I made the biggest mistake of my life and chose to please my father. And to make sure I didn't go back on my promise he tortured him right in front of my eyes and threatened to even kill both of us if we continued to disrespect him. I broke up with him and never saw him again."

Tears threatened to spill down Jungkook's cheeks, but he blinked them away. He took a deep breath before speaking once again. "You know the reason why I denied your pregnancy all those years ago was because I was scared? I was scared of what my father would do if he found out that I had gotten someone from below our social status pregnant. I know it sounds stupid and selfish now, but at that time, but I didnt want what I had experienced years before happen to someone else all over again. All I wanted to do was protect you. I wanted to make sure that you wouldn't have to face any sort of consequences for being with me."

He paused, giving Seokjin a chance to take in his words. Jungkook could see the pain and hurt in Seokjin's eyes, and he knew that his own actions had caused it. "But I realized now that I was wrong, and I should've never denied your pregnancy. I know that I can't change the past, but I just want you to know that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the pain and hurt that I caused you."

Seokjin remained silent for a moment, his gaze fixed on Jungkook. Jungkook could feel his heart pounding in his chest, waiting for Seokjin's response. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Seokjin spoke.

"You have no idea how much pain I went through because of your actions. I was alone, young and pregnant, and I had to deal with everything by myself. Do you know how hard it was for me to go through the pregnancy and childbirth without any emotional support? It was one of the toughest times of my life."

Jungkook's heart sank as he listened to Seokjin's words. He knew that he had hurt Seokjin deeply and he didn't know how to make things right. However, he wanted to try his best.

"I understand if you can't forgive me, Seokjin. But I promise to do everything in my power to make it up to you. I'll be there for you and Woobin. I'll do everything I can to make things right between us," Jungkook said.

Seokjin took a deep breath, trying to push aside the painful memories for now. "I appreciate your words, Jungkook. And I do believe that you mean them. But right now, what's most important is finding Woobin and bringing him back safely."

Jungkook nodded in agreement. "Yes, you're right. That's our top priority."

Seokjin took Jungkook's hand and squeezed it. "I need you to promise me, Jungkook. Promise me that you'll do everything in your power to bring Woobin back safe and sound."

Jungkook held Seokjin's hand tightly and looked straight into his eyes. "I promise you, Seokjin, I will bring our son back safely. Even if it's the last thing I do, I will not let anything happen to him."

Seokjin's eyes welled up with tears as he nodded his head, gratitude and sorrow mingling in his heart.

***

BORAHAE 💜💜💜