52

Another filler: this is both a dream and a flashback.

***

Flashback:

Jungkook reached down to massage his knee, which was hurting against the hardwood floor. Dae-won mirrored him as he kneeled across from him. Both boys were made to kneel with their hands raised above their heads.

Mr. Jeon was pacing the middle of the room with a revolver in hand. "How old were you again?" He asked Dae-won calmly.

"Se...Seventeen, sir." His voice trembled.

Mr. Jeon let out a bitter chuckle. "And that idiot there is only 15," he said, referring to Jungkook. "I know you are both minors, but I can get you jailed as an adult who took advantage of my younger son. You know that?"

Jungkook shook his head, his face damp with tears. "Dae-won did nothing wrong, father! It was me. I approached him first."

"And that's what angers me more," Mr. Jeon said, still sounding calm. "Child, why do you choose to go against me every time? Are you determined to bring shame to this family?"

"We love each other," Dae-won suddenly spoke and earned a glare from Mr. Jeon.

"I gave your father a job and took you in like one of my own. I clothed you, fed you, and paid for your education, yet you are not satisfied? I planned to give you a good job in one of our companies but you lost that too. You are a smart kid, Dae-won. You knew very well that getting pregnant for my son would put your child in line for inheritance, so you took the more favourable option. Unfortunately, you won't get to live to see that plan through."

Mr. Jeon held the revolver against Dae-won's head and spun the cylinder. One of the chambers was loaded. He'd inserted the bullet right there in front of the two boys. Jungkook cried, disbelief taking over his emotions at how his father could be so cruel. Dae-won was crying, too. Clearly scared.

Jungkook over to his father, grabbing his arm, but he was too strong for the younger boy. He pulled the trigger, and Jungkook closed his eyes, getting startled, but all he heard was a click. Jungkook opened his eyes, still trying to figure out what had just happened.

The bullet didn't dislodge. Dae-won still had his eyes closed, and his pants were wet now as clear liquid ran across the floor. Jungkook was sorry that he had to go through that.

"How disgusting." Mr. Jeon slid the gun into his pocket. "Let's say next time you won't be so lucky if you both decide to completely disregard my warnings. And you don't think I won't kill you too just because you are my son." He said to Jungkook before turning to Dae-won. "Now, will you be that good kid I've always known you to be and agree to have that thing aborted?"

Dae-won didn't hesitate to nod his head. Mr. Jeon gestured to the two men who had been standing in the corner all the while. One of them grabbed Dae-won's arm and dragged him out. The other one grabbed Jungkook, preventing him from following his father as he left the room. No matter how hard Jungkook fought and screamed, he couldn't get himself free.

"Break his leg if you must," Mr. Jeon said as he closed the door behind him. That's the father Jungkook had. He didn't even bat an eye before asking this man to break his own child's limb if he insisted on being stubborn.

The man pushed the boy onto the floor, and Jungkook wasn't fast enough when the man left the room and locked it before the boy could get out.

***

That's all for today, folks.