Chapter 46

A few days had passed since Jungkook's encounter with Se-yon at the abandoned warehouse, the events still fresh in his mind. He tried to tread carefully around Seokjin, knowing that their fragile relationship had already suffered enough. But the weight of his secret grew heavier with each passing day.

On this particular evening, as darkness began to settle over his house, Jungkook's phone erupted with a shrill ring. An uneasy tension settled in his gut, threatening to spill over. He glanced at Seokjin, who was sitting nearby, lost in his thoughts.

Seokjin looked up, his eyes filled with a mix of concern and curiosity. "Who is that?"

Jungkook's mind raced, desperately searching for an excuse to protect both Seokjin and the truth.

"It was just a wrong number, Seokjin." He said, ending the call, "Nothing important."

The hurt in Seokjin's eyes was palpable, but he nodded, seemingly accepting Jungkook's vague response. "Alright, but promise me you'll let me know if anything important comes up."

Jungkook forced a smile, hiding his inner turmoil. "Of course, I promise."

Seokjin nodded, seemingly satisfied with Jungkook's responses, "I'm going to make myself a cup of coffee. Do you want one?"

Jungkook nodded, his eyes glued to his phone screen. Seokjin stood up and left the room.

Jungkook's phone rang once again, the ringtone jolting him back to reality. Panic etched in his heart as he pressed the green button.

"Do you even want your kid back?" Se-yon asked, "Why did you cancel my call, Jungkook?"

Jungkook's mind raced as he spoke quietly, intent on keeping Seokjin in the dark. "You said you didn't want me to involve the police. I'll have you know that my house is swarming with the cops right now, and Seokjin insists on staying close to me 24/7. I know he's sensed something is wrong."

"Fair enough." Se-yon said, "I'll take your word for it."

Jungkook cleared his throat, "I promised to do everything you want. When will you give my son back?"

Se-yon laughe, "Patience, my love. That is infact why I'm calling you. I'll send you the address, but before you get the kid back, you'll call your father and let him know that our wedding is going to take place as originally planned."

"As long as I get Woobin back, I'll do everything you want."

"Good." Se-yon said clearly satisfied, "Leave the house right now, and I'll text you the address, but let me warn you, Jungkook. If you try and act smart by betraying me, you'll get your son in a body bag instead."

"That should be the least of your worries. All I want is my son back with his appa. I don't care what happens to me."

Jungkook ended the call and stood up to leave, but Seokjin returned almost immediately, carrying two coffee mugs.

"Are you going somewhere?" Seokjin asked, seeing that Jungkook was heading towards the door.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I will have to skip the coffee for now." Jungkook said, "Something came up at the company, and it requires my attention. I'll be back soon."

"Seokjin nodded, "If it's that urgent, then it's better you take your time to sort it out. I'll be okay here. If I hear anything about Woobin, I'll give you a call."

Jungkook nodded and walked out.

As Jungkook made his way to the designated meeting spot, little did he know that Seokjin had taken matters into his own hands. He'd secretly listened in on Se-yon and Jungkook's conversation.

In a moment of desperation and determination, he set the coffee mugs on the table and went to find Officer Im, who was with the other police officers in the other room.

"Jungkook knows where Woobin is." He blurted out, shocking the police officers.

Without wasting time, Officer Im organised his team and called for more backup.

Despite the officer asking Seokjin to stay home, he insisted on going with them.

_

As Jungkook approached the secluded area, he spotted Se-yon waiting in the shadows. Relief washed over him, believing that he would soon find the answers they so desperately sought. Unbeknownst to him, his actions were being closely monitored by both the police and Seokjin.

"Well, well. You actually showed up. I never knew you could be such a great dad, Jungkook."

Just as Se-yon began speaking, her words were interrupted by the blaring sirens of the approaching police vehicles. Panic flashed across her face, her eyes narrowing with fury and betrayal

"You betrayed me." She whispered.

Jungkook shook his head, confused by what was going on, "I swear I didn't call the cops. Seokjin must have listened to our conversation."

"Do you expect me to believe that?" She asked bitterly, "I knew you'd do something like this, so I'd prepared myself. You want your son, don't you? Go and get him."

In a fit of rage, she lit a lighter and dropped to the ground. The fire quickly spread to the surrounding area, the flames licking hungrily at the structure. She took that moment to escape.

Jungkook's heart dropped as he watched the chaos unfold before him. The deafening crackle of the inferno drowned out every other sound, leaving him with a sinking dread in his chest. He turned around, only to find himself face to face with the police, their gazes filled with a mixture of concern and disbelief.

His eyes locked onto Seokjin, his anger igniting as he shouted, "Why did you call the police, Seokjin? How could you do this?"

Seokjin stood frozen, shock overtaking his features. The reality of his actions crashing down on him, tears welling in his eyes. "Jungkook, I didn't... I just... I had to do something. I just wanted Woobin back."

Frustration tore through Jungkook's chest, his voice laced with pain. "You don't understand, Seokjin! Woobin is… in there! Now, he's trapped, and it's all your fault! Why couldn't you trust me like I'd asked you to."

"Do something, please." Seokjin pleaded to Officer Im, "Get my baby out of there."

"I know this is disheartening, but I'll ask for your patience as the fire team gets here."

"Patience?" Jungkook shook his head in disbelief, "My son is fucking trapped in there. This is bullshit."

He turned back to the burning warehouse. Driven by a surge of adrenaline and fear for his son's safety, he broke away from the police, racing towards the burning warehouse. The heat was unbearable, smoke gnawing at his lungs, but he couldn't let his fear overpower him. He had to find Woobin.