Chapter 1

Hi my loves 💜💜❤❤

Been a long time coming 💜💜

***

Seokjin let out a heavy sigh as he poked his bottom lip with the back of his pencil, the part with the small pink eraser.

He was currently seated in his history class and his mind was elsewhere as he had spaced out into his own imaginary world. A world that was filled with colors, one that was different from the ordinary one he was living in. The one where there was no fun.

Seokjin was not boring, per say, in fact he was very good looking and everyone in school wanted to date him, but none of them interested him as he had not met anyone that caught his attention.

And when it came to his home life, his mother tried to make a comfortable life for him as she went out to do the rich people's laundry to make ends meet. Their home was small but very cozy and welcoming, but still Seokjin thought he could do better. That's why he was grateful that it was his final year of high school and in another year he'd be out in the world, starting out his own business far away from Gwacheon.

He planned on moving to Seoul, the city of opportunities and look for employment then he'd save some money for his business. He didn't plan on attending college because his mother didn't have enough money for that and he didn't want to burden her any longer. It was high time she retired and begun enjoying the fruits of his labor instead.

"Seokjin-ah!" Jimin whispered to his best friend who looked up at him almost immediately, "Did you space out again? Mr Han asked you a question."

"Uh!" Was all Seokjin could say as he wasn't getting anything that had been said in that class.

"Mr Kim!" Mr Han spoke, eyeing the boy with such strictness in his eyes, "I don't think you are ready to be with us today. Please kindly step out of my class and only come back when you are ready to learn."

Seokjin did not protest as he gathered his belongings and stood up to leave.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Jimin asked quietly.

"No, Jimin I don't want you getting in trouble because of me."

"Mr Kim!" Mr Han spoke once again, "Can you please leave already? You are disrupting my class!"

"I'm sorry." Jimin whispered to which Seokjin only smiled and walked out. He was really lucky to have Jimin as a friend. The other boy was ready to take a fall for him, no matter the situation.

-

"Thanks for waiting for me, Jinnie!" Jimin said, wrapping his arms around Seokjin as soon as they met in the school hallway, "I thought you'd go home immediately since history was our final class for the day."

"And experience the boredom of walking miles all by myself?"

Jimin chuckled at Seokjin's answer who in return smiled.

"You know, I could have walked out of that class with you, right?"

"I know, but I won't let you get strikes because of me. At least one of us should hold a good reputation."

"Well, that aside." Jimin said, changing the subject, "When you left the classroom, Mr Han announced that all seniors will be having a field trip for four days to Ilsan. There's a historical sight he wants us to explore while there."

"That teacher hates my guts. Do you think he'll let me come?"

"Of course he'll let you come. You are still a student, despite turning down his advances. He should even be thankful that you didn't take the matter before the school board."

"I didn't do that because I don't wish to complicate my poor mother's life with useless things. She already has to worry about my school fees and feeding me."

"It will all get better soon." Jimin said reassuringly.

"It will. As soon as I get out of this hell hole."

"Take me with you." Jimin smiled.

"I wouldn't leave my mochi behind." Seokjin added, causing both boys to laugh.

***

"Don't forget to carry at least three sweaters, Seokjin."

"You already said that, Eomma!"

The day for the field trip had finally arrived and his mother was trying to help him pack for it.

"I wouldn't have to say it twice if only you could put away that stupid phone and only listen to me for once."

"You always find an excuse to talk about my phone." Seokjin said throwing his phone onto his bed.

"What should I do when that small device has brainwashed you? Before I know it you'll be failing your final exams, making it impossible for me to send you to a good college."

"Eomma! We already talked about this, I'm not going to college."

"What do you mean you are not going to college? Of course you are. That's why I spend long hours doing rich people's dirty laundry just to save money for your studies."

"Use that money on yourself. As for me, I'm leaving for Seoul as soon as I write my final pap....ow!" Seokjin yelled in pain, placing his palm over his burning ear lobe. "What did you do that for?"

"Keep talking nonsense and I'll pull both your ears off."

Seokjin only rolled his eyes as he zipped up his suitcase.

"Don't forget to call me when you get there. And make sure to eat your vegetables. Brush your teeth before bed, okay? No sweets before bed."

"Yes, ma'am."

"And one last thing my dear. Remember where you come from. You are a good boy from a good home. Stay away from all those bad boys, okay? You are still too young to take care of a baby."

"Eomma!" Seokjin whined, "Why do you always bring up stuff like that?"

"It's just so that it stays with you and you won't bring disappointment to your poor mother."

"Well you don't have to worry because I'm not bringing back any babies."

"That's my Seokjin. Have a wonderful trip and stay in touch."

"I will." Seokjin smiled giving his mother a hug.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Eomma. I'll be leaving now. No crying because I'm not going forever." Seokjin said wiping his mother's tears.

"I know. I'm just not used to you being away."

"Come on, Eomma! Pull yourself together. Otherwise I'll end up calling off the trip."

"No my love. This is for your school. I'll stop crying now." She said wiping her tears, "Just call me okay."

"I will. And I'm going now."

"Have a great week and remember what I said about staying away from those bad boys."

"I hear you." Seokjin said as he walked out of the door.

***

BORAHAE!!! 💜💜💜💜