☆ What's wrong, Polnareff? ☆

-
You were almost in India. Avdol had taken you here once before only a few months after you moved to Egypt.

"I'm a little worried," Mr. Joestar started. "My perception of India is a place where the only food to eat is curry, and where people constantly get sick. Is there anywhere to get a cheeseburger?"

"I know," Polnareff said. "I'm worried by body won't be able to handle the cultural gap."

Avdol laughed. "Your assessment is distorted. It's a wonderful country where people live simply. That I can guarantee."

"The food isn't bad either," you add.

"I don't trust your judgement, Akira" Polnareff snickered.

You sighed and reached down to his hair in an attempt to mess it up, but it refused to change.

"What the hell? How much hairspray do you use?"

"Come on, we've docked in Calcutta," Avdol interrupts the two of you.

You nod and leave the ship.

You practically attach yourself to Avdol, knowing how crowded things can get and not wanting to get swept away.

The second you step onto solid ground, people are glued to the six of you, asking for money, offering tattoos and other services, etc.

"I stepped in cow shit!" Polnareff yelled, to which you evil smiled in response.

"Someone already stole my wallet," Kakyoin said.

"Avdol, this is India?" Mr. Joestar questioned.

"It's great, isn't it?"

Avdol laughed and the side of your lips curved upwards as you made your way out of the crowd.

-

Your group was now sitting at a table in the corner of a restaurant, away from the busy and overcrowded streets outside. You sat in between Kakyoin and Polnareff

There was still a bit of awkward tension in the air between Kakyoin and you after the hotel, but it wasn't anything the both of you necessarily cared about. There were other things to focus on, and whatever took place then wasn't one of them.

You drank a cup of tea, and couldn't help but feel someone's aura nearby.

"There's a stand user nearby," you interrupted everyone's conversations. "Keep your guards up."

"We can't catch a damn break," Mr. Joestar huffed.

In order to change the subject, Avdol spoke up. "India takes some getting used to, but it's nice, isn't it?"

"India is pretty great, I like it," Jotaro said.

"Jotaro, you can't be serious! Do you really mean that?" Mr. Joestar yells.

"Looks like someone couldn't sense the sarcasm," you whispered, to which Kakyoin softly chuckled.

"There's a hell of a culture shock, though," Polnareff starts. "I guess I'll like it once I get used to it. They do say that people adapt to their surroundings." He stands up and asks the waiter where the bathroom is.

"Polnareff, don't you want to order first?" Mr. Joestar asks.

"Have Akira pick for me, I'm sure she'll get something suited to the tastes of a Frenchman like me."

"Weren't you insulting my judgement back on the ship?" You say, to which he looks back at you sheepishly. "Whatever, just keep your guard up, tube-top."

Once he's out of earshot, you look at the menu.

"Get him something spicy."

A few minutes after your food arrives, Polnareff leaves the bathroom screaming.