☆ It got Kakyoin! ☆

-

You spot Jotaro across the way.

He's kneeling, Star Platinum was out holding a pair of binoculars.

"This guy's gotta be long range," you comment to the two besides you.

"How do you figure?"

Polnareff looks at you, only shifting his eyes. He looked to scared to move.

"Jotaro's not catching anything on his binoculars, and I mean, do you see anything?"

"What if they're underground?"

"Good try, but no. That's impossible. They'd have lungs full of sand, if they could even make it that far."

"Hmm..." Noriaki hums in thought. "Polnareff, why don't you slice up the canteen?"

"What?! Are you crazy?" He gave Kakyoin the same look as he did you. "Did you see what happened to that pilot's head?! It got sucked in there! I'm not trying to be next! If I so much as poke a hole in that thing..." He swallows, before shaking his head violently. "Why don't you go, Kakyoin? You're closer! You can just use your Emerald Splash and call it a day!"

You peek over at Noriaki.

"Yes, but I don't want to."

"What do you mean you don't want to?! You can't make me do something just because you don't want to do it!"

"I said no, and that's final."

"Shut up, both of you. I'll do it. I can just shoot it."

"You're a life saver, Akira!"

"Mmhmm."

You stood up, grabbing your gun and loading a single bullet into the barrel.

As soon as you shot, you felt the presence of a stand user.

Before you could even have time to react, you saw Noriaki fall back. The stand had cut him across the eyes.

This was definitely one of those moments you wished you could control other peoples blood.

"Kakyoin!" Polnareff and you shouted in tandem.

The water disappeared back into the sand.

"The water!" Mr. Joestar shouted, "The stand hid himself in the blood, and replaced the water in the canteen with blood!"

"The stand is the water, Mr. Joestar!" You yell across the sand before putting your gun away and crouching down next to Noriaki.

Polnareff was laying beside him, mumbling frantically.

You elevate his head, holding it in your hands.

Polnareff kept yelling, not stopping.

"It got Kakyoin! Kakyoin... his eyes!!"

You ignored him.

"Noriaki, if you can hear me, let me know."

He didn't move, you checked for pulse and fortunately he had one. He was most likely just passed out.

"Polnareff, stop panicking and listen up!" He grabs your arm, you slap him across the face. "Snap out of it!" You yell, before substantially lowering your voice. "Summon Chariot right now. I'm summoning The Universe. We need to keep ourselves protected. Focus, man, got it?"

The stand appeared from the ground next to Polnareff's hand.

"Polnareff, don't move a muscle."

Your stand floated behind Polnareff and prepared to attack.