☆ I know why we're here. ☆

-
It wasn't long after when the Speedwagon Foundation had found you all, and safely transported all of you across the Arabian Peninsula, dropping the baby off at a small town on the way.

The Speedwagon Foundation had lended you one of their boats in order to cross the Red Sea and arrive in Egypt.

You fully had expected Polnareff to make some sort of Moses joke, but he hadn't.

As you sailed out, you very quickly made a realization. Mr. Joestar was steering you in the wrong direction.

"Hey, Mr. Joestar," you stood beside him. "Do you need a navigator? We're heading the wrong way."

"No," he replied. "We're heading the right way actually. I've been keeping something from you. Consider this a surprise."

He turns to the group.

"For the rest of you, we're making a slight detour. We're picking something up."

As soon as you saw it in the distance, you recognized it.

The island where Muhammad Avdol's late father once lived. The island where he trained you.

He was there, you knew it.

-

Mr. Joestar grounded the boat onto the sand. You were the first to get off.

Mr. Joestar came behind you and put his hand on your shoulder.

"You should be the first to go. Nobody knows who's here, so don't blow his cover yet."

You nod, as you walk briskly into the dense forest. Walking then running to the house.

Just as you remember it, a light blue house with a wooden door. Wooden shudders open, glassless windows exposing the inside of the house to the outside. A small purple fence gated the front yard, keeping the numerous chickens caged in. He was feeding them.

You pop out of the forest and see him, waiting there. He was dressed in a gray tunic, tied up to around his thighs. He must've been fishing at some point.

His hair had gone completely gray.

"When did you go and get old on me, huh?"

He turned around and smiled, waving you over.

As soon as you were within a couple feet of him, he pulled you into a hug. You kind of gasped in surprise.

"And you always tell me to be careful," you said. "You have to be careful too. These weeks without you, being the only one of the two of us... I-"

He cut you off. "I know, I don't plan on leaving you alone anytime soon. I'm sorry for everything that had happened."

"You didn't know, you were just trying to help. I'm afraid I rubbed off on you."

He laughed something you had missed.

"Come in, the others will be heading over soon," he walked you inside.

"For the sake of my safety, Mr. Joestar wanted Polnareff to not know about me. I know the others do, but he didn't want to risk Polnareff blabbering in front of an enemy."

"Smart move,"

"For the time being, I'm my father. Just go along with it."

You heard Polnareff yelling outside.

"I have to go put on a performance, don't mind me," he says, heading for the door. "If you want to come join me you can."

"I do," you follow, lighting a cigarette before shedding your coat. "Never thought I'd say it, but I've missed the chickens."