☆ it's just a sword. ☆

-

It didn't take long before you were docking in Edfu. The sun had fully set at this point, and you were walking the short distance to your hotel. It was a calm night, the walk silent other than your boots making a clink noise, Iggy's occasional grunt and the shuffle of feet.

Polnareff brought the sword with him, the sword of Anubis. Which, with Anubis even being the name of a stand in the first place, completely threw any idea as to who these nine- well, now seven (or less) people would be. You suppose your flaw with the whole Ennead idea didn't account for two Arcana being left, the Emperor and the World. God damn that son of a bitch, Hol Horse.

You had enough time to figure things out, especially with you being out of commission until further notice. It was indefinite, and quite honestly it may have just been wiser to leave you with Noriaki. But, you knew Muhammad would keep you on a tight leash given your current condition. Though you hated the restriction, you were glad he cared. He recognized that you weren't some fighting machine, something that you often pondered if Mr. Joestar and the Foundation folk saw too.

Your body ached as you dragged yourself and your small bag of possessions into the hotel, Iggy following closely at your ankles.

Mr. Joestar once more checked you all in, handing Jotaro the key to your (once more) shared room. It all felt so repetitive at this point. You'd exhaustedly drag yourself in, have a shared moment with Jotaro, and then fall asleep. That moment in question tonight better have been just a shared 'Night'.

And it was, to your tired surprise.

You both walked in, set your stuff down, looked at each other, and said "Night."

The shared timing made him smile, but yours was prevented by a noise from Iggy. He truly was a strange dog, and the noises that came from him were even stranger. There were two beds in the room, and Iggy struggled to climb onto what was supposed to be your bed.

You sighed, taking off your jacket. He changed on the other side of the room. You stood on the opposite side of his bed.

After that, You fell asleep, quicker than ever before.
-

Waking up the next morning, you discovered that he had already disappeared. You didn't want to follow after him, you were sore and far too tired. You sat up, Iggy was sprawled out on the other bed in the room. You walked to the window, lifting the curtain and looking at the street below. You saw the ship you boarded still in the harbor, presumably boarding for its next voyage.

Edfu was a city you loved, you'd been there a few times and enjoyed it more each time. In the daytime it was great, but in the nighttime it was even greater. Looking back into your hotel room, you noticed that your room had a television. At least you'd have some kind of entertainment.

The phone rang, you walked over to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, Akira," Muhammad was on the other line. "Come down to Mr. Joestar's room, 203. We're having a meeting."

"On our way," you hung up.

You grabbed a cigarette, lighting it while simultaneously whistling to Iggy. He got up from his sleep, staring at you before jumping off the bed and following behind you. Jotaro dragged himself up, following suit behind you.

When you walked in the room, everyone was dressed for the day, which made you feel severely underdressed. You looked around, Polnareff brought that dumb sword with him.

"Glad that you could join us, Akira," Mr. Joestar greeted. "How do you feel?"

"Sore, I'm fine though, and despite what Muhammad may say, I can fight. Don't worry about it."