☆ Don't give him what he wants. ☆

The five of you are left in the blaring sun with Dan laughing behind you.

He was now seated at a table nearby. You weren't giving him the attention he wanted.

Instead, you examined Enyaba's body, clinging to the hope that she may have a pulse so Hermit Purple can still get the secret of DIO's stand.

The other four approached Dan while you searched for any sign of life from Enyaba.

"Enyaba may be intertwined with my sister's death, but she was definitely not deserving of a fate like that," Polnareff said. "I'll see that you join her."

"It's five against one," Kakyoin comments. "But don't think for a second that any of us are going to hold back."

After recognizing that Enyaba was definitely dead, you joined the rest of the group.

It wasn't until you turned your attention to the man that you felt the aura of a stand user. It was so weak, barely anything at all.

Dan continued to sit in the chair, a content and smug look on his face while he drank a cup of coffee.

"Hey jackass," Jotaro sneered. "Get on your feet and fight. This is going down, whether you want it to or not."

"As you wish," Dan replied. "But you can't touch me. I'm Steely Dan, controller of the Lovers, none of you will be able to lay a finger on-"

Dan could barely finish his sentence before Star Platinum sent a punch to his stomach, sending him back into a shop window.

You could barely register the pain in your abdomen before you and Mr. Joestar were sent backwards in a similar manner to Dan.

You managed to land on your feet, however Mr. Joestar wasn't so lucky. He landed on his back a few paces behind you.

"What the hell?!" Polnareff questioned.

As you stood upright, you felt the blood coming up your throat. The little drops that did leak out you sucked back in.

The gears in your head were turning. That weak aura must mean his stand is in effect.

You and Mr. Joestar were sent flying in a similar manner, meaning that he must have connected the two of you to himself in some way.

However, he can't be controlling you directly. You can still move on your own.

It has to be related to the nervous system.

"So, that aura I felt was your stand. It was so weak I could barely tell it was a stand," you mock.

"You're all fools," he mutters.

"I'll explain by ability, so listen up."

"I've already figured you out," you cut him off. "The Lovers has connected both Mr. Joestar and my nervous systems to yours. Most likely when we got our food from you. Though your stand's weaker than any stand I've ever seen before, it has control over our nervous systems, meaning that anything you feel, we can feel as well. Most likely, we'll feel it on a higher magnitude as well, because what would be the point of simply feeling pain?"

"Lord DIO was right after all, I do need to be wary of you," Dan replied. "That's not the case for the rest of you simpletons, though. Plus, just because you figured it out doesn't mean that there's any way for you to remove my stands effects on your bodies."

"You all just love to run your mouths, don't you?" You huff.

"Ah-ah-ah," Dan retorts. He confidently strides over to you, grabbing your chin. You grab and twist his wrist, disregarding the pain it put you and Mr. Joestar in. "Brat," he cries. "I was just going to give you a heads up!"

"Spit it out without the affections next time, freak," you mock.

He growls and clears his throat before responding, "When my Lovers snuck inside you, they brought one of Lord DIO's fleshbuds inside of you, it's deteriorating your brains as we speak." He looked between you and Joseph. "I'm oh so excited to see what happens next!"

You sat on the ground, trying to think. Plans formulated in your mind came up short in review. The most simple option was to remove it from yourself first, Mr. Joestar second. But could Dan feel it? Would he be able to detect it?

Your first priority had to be Mr. Joestar. If he suffered any major injuries, he may not be able to recover for the rest of the trip.

Your thoughts were disrupted.

"The two of you have ten minutes before the fleshbud eats your brains, tick-tock," Dan taps his wrist.

Jotaro grabs the collar of Dan's shirt, pulling him off the ground. Subsequently, you felt your breathing become restricted.

Kakyoin attempts to push the two apart, but Jotaro's grip is unrelenting.

"Jotaro, don't do anything too rash!"

"I'm sorry, but no. I'm gonna kill this tool so quickly, Akira and the old man won't even feel it."

You bite your tongue hard enough to draw blood, you spit, shooting it in his direction.

You take as deep of a breath as possible.

"Look at your grandfather, Jotaro," you warn. Mr. Joestar was clenching his throat, face red as a tomato.

Jotaro let go, you let out a shaky breath. Mr. Joestar coughs, all of you looking in his direction.

Polnareff helps you up and you walk towards Jotaro, Dan, and Kakyoin.

Dan readjusts his collar. "Won't feel it, huh? The 'old man' seems to be feeling it pretty good." He laughs. "I'm curious to see how you would even try to kill me. Maybe you would punch my face? Maybe my throat?" He continued his ramblings.

You could sense Jotaro's anger. It was radiating off of him, like heat from a furnace. You rested a hand on his arm. You looked into his eyes.

"Don't give him what he wants."

Dan continues his taunts.

"Here's my plan," you gain the attention of everyone else. "We need to split up. Kakyoin and Polnareff, take Mr. Joestar as far away from here as possible. Figure out how to remove the Lovers and the fleshbud. Jotaro and I will stay here and occupy Steely Dan."

"Akira," Polnareff chimes. "What about your own brain?"

"All it'll take is one blood vessel for me, but remember, power isn't necessary to kill. Now go."

The three of them nod their heads and leave, running through the streets.

Jotaro looks at you, you return his gaze with a smile.

"You understand that this plan is insane, right?"

"I understand. It'll hurt like a bitch when the two of them get the Lovers out of your old man's head. I'm just more concerned about playing the waiting game now."

He just shakes his head and sighs. Atypical.

-

To be continued...>