☆ You look like hell, ☆

You watch as the other three run into the distance, rounding a corner and disappearing into obscurity.

"They can run, but no amount of distance can escape my Lovers," Dan smiles.

"Excuse me?" You question, deadpan.

"Even if they could make it far, far away in time. Just as the real thing, the Lovers know no bounds."

"You've never been romantically involved, have you?" You tease.

"Why you-" he coughs. "You should know a face as good as mine wouldn't go to waste, similar to your own." He chuckles, and walks past you.

"I think I'll make you two my servants, what do you say?" He laughs. Jotaro and you glare at each other, frustration and annoyance lingers in the air. "I'll take your silence as a yes, it's not like you have a choice." Another laugh.

You go over to Jotaro "I'm taking my leave from this bitch. I trust you can take care of yourself, right?" You whisper in his ear.

"Of course. I trust you can take care of yourself, am I right?" He whispers back. Dan rambles about something while you two follow him.

"Absolutely," you raise back to your normal height.

"Good."

And then, you were off. Running down a side street, down alleys, running until you were far enough Dan wouldn't be able to get you.

You climbed a rusty fire escape to the top of an apartment building. Looking down on the crowds below.

The time alone had you wishing for more of a break. Sure, you were used to going one place to the next. But night after night had you feeling homesick, Muhammad not being present further offset the balance. You had to talk to him soon.

Awaiting the pain that would come with Kakyoin and Polnareff's success, you sat against a short wall. The pain Dan would feel after having his stand ripped out of Mr. Joestar's brain would be bad enough, but having it amplified by your end would be severe.

You felt it, something sharp. Burning, stinging, pounding. Your ears were ringing, like alarms going off in your head.

"The Universe!"

Your stand cut blood vessels near the stem of your brain. The pain was practically unbearable, it felt like something was ripping your brain in half. The Universe used the blood to pull the Lovers and the fleshbud out of your ear in one go.

Watching the fleshbud shrivel in the sunlight, you slump against the wall. Your head pounded, ears rang with the intensity of church bells. You felt blood leak out of your ear. You felt dizzier than ever before. The Universe held the Lovers between two of its fingers, suffocating it.

You pull yourself up and leave the rooftop, sliding down the fire escape back to solid ground. You stumble your way back to where you left Jotaro, finding him a block over in front of a Jewelry Store. He looked to be in rough shape, but Dan looked ten times worse. He was knocked back into a wall, bleeding severely with several broken bones. A job well done by Star Platinum and Jotaro.

Once he sees you his angry expression wavers before returning.

"You look like hell, what happened?"

"I feel like hell, What'd Kakyoin do to Steely Dan?"

"Fucked him up real good, all I really did was finish him off."

"Great."

The two of you walked in the direction the trio ran away in previously. The talk was quiet, full of stolen glances. The ringing didn't dissipate, and your head was filled with static.