☆ That was too close... ☆

Polnareff wandered into the back room, you could hear him talking to the old woman. You and Jotaro began to return upstairs, just reaching the upper landing, when you heard a screech coming from where Polnareff was. Not long after you felt a familiar stand presence, knowing who it was after being familiar with it for so long.

"Polnareff summoned Chariot," you relay to Jotaro.

The two of you quickly make your way back down.

When you got down, there was no sight of Polnareff or the elderly woman anywhere.

It was quiet, too quiet.

The aura in the hotel was suffocating.

'They're fighting somewhere, but where?'

You kick open a door, leading to a lounge style area. Jotaro follows behind you.

You look behind you to ensure there's no one there, and when you turn around you hear the voice of the hotel owner.

"Oh!" She exclaims, "you two startled me. You must learn manners, knocking is a good start."

Jotaro scoffs.

"We're looking for Polnareff," he says. "We knocked, maybe you just didn't hear."

"Occupied, perchance," you add. "I wonder, with what?"

She took a moment before responding.

"Well, of course I know where he is, Mr. Jotaro, Miss. Akira. We were just having a lovely chat."

This woman was quite clearly oblivious to what you both left in the guestbook.

"Oh?" Jotaro questions.

"Yes," she responds. "He's over in the bathroom, however, he's been in there for some time."

You looked skeptically. She clearly has a plan to get the both of you through that door. If it takes falling into her plan to expose and defeat her, that's what you'll do.

"Sounds just like him," you say. "Right? We should go check on him."

"Yeah, I think we should." Jotaro agrees.

You walk behind him and follow him to the door.

"Oh, yeah," you say. "I think we have some questions for you."

Planning to catch her in the act of something, the two of you turn to find her laying on the ground, a pair of scissors in front of her.

Was she planning on stabbing you? She called both of you by name, she clearly knows who you are.

If Hol Horse knew of your abilities in India, Enyaba would definitely know them in Pakistan. It was certainly a dumb move, trying to stab you of all people.

"Are you alright?" You ask. "Did you trip? Or are you just plain clumsy? Try being more careful."

"That was too close..." The elderly woman mumbled, still clearly in shock.

"Yeah," Jotaro spoke. "That was real close. It could have been bad."

He leaned forward towards the woman.

"Those scissors could have poked your eye out, you know?" He continues. "You really shouldn't hold them like that."

"You lucked out," you say.

"Anyway, back to our questions," Jotaro changes the subject. "How did you know to call us both by our first names? We never told you our names, and no one has called us by our names since we arrived."

"That's strange, isn't it?" You chime in. "You must be some sort of psychic, right? To know things we didn't even say."

You approach the elder and crouch down to meet her height.