☆ Have you seen yourself? ☆

-

You woke up early the next morning, not wasting any time before getting dressed and running to the hospital, grabbing a can of beer on the way out.

You felt tired, really tired.

You hoped the beer would make you feel better.

It's not that you didn't think of Noriaki as a valuable asset to the team, as well as a great partner, but if you could have any excuse to keep him in the hospital or send him home to recover, you were taking it. In your head, you'd convinced yourself that it made you an awful person, wishing for him to take an extra long time to recover, or possibly not recovering at all. But at the end of the day, you knew you had your reasons, and your reasons would keep him out of harms way.

You slipped out of the room, Jotaro not even stirring as you left.

You cracked open the can, lighting a cigarette and resting it in your hand as you walked downstairs and through the lobby.

You pushed in the swivel door, emerging on the other side and immediately feeling the oppressive heat hit your skin.

You walked to the hospital, eventually flagging down and hitching a ride on an off-roader that let you sit on the back. The vehicle's other passengers were giving you weird looks, looks you couldn't really place.

You paid the driver with the few remaining piastre coins you had in your pocket, discarding your beer can in the trash outside the hospital and putting your cigarette out on an ashtray in the same spot.

You walked in, heading straight upstairs.

The nurse at the front desk informed you that the only one awake was Muhammad, and that he was rather energetic.

You walked in, he looked you up and down and winced, similarly to the people from the car.

"Have you seen yourself?"

He swung his legs out of his bed and walked over to you.

He picked up your arms rolling up your sleeves, intently observing them.

He points you in the direction of the corner where there's a sink and mirror.

Your skin was tinted noticeably darker in blue blotches along your neck and arms, and if you were to check down your shirt you'd probably see more of it.

He sighed, sitting on his bed as you walked over to the other side of the room, taking a seat.

He brought his hand up to his forehead and massaged his temples.

"You're not using your stand for a couple days, today you're to finish up with everything here and go rest at the hotel. When we eventually leave, you'll travel with us but use your stand as little as you can until it goes away."

"Muhammad, you can't-"

"I can and I know you think you can just fix everything, but, you can't in times like these. You should know better."

You didn't fight him on it, but why was this happening at a time when two other members of the group were already down?

"Just, find me something to do in the meantime. Paperwork, books, radio, anything."

"That's a deal I can make."

"If I have to not fight, I can't just lay and wait."

"You can go out, but you just can't use your stand or put yourself in that position. I'm sure Jotaro would love to keep you company!"

Despite his serious tone, he can still find a way to tease you.

"Yare yare daze," you sighed. "I don't get it. If you planned some type of set up to occur on this trip, why wouldn't you have told me?"