Chapter 33 ~ Harry

Chapter 33 ~ Harry

Louis has moved in with me again and since that day when he told us Eleanor broke up with him, I haven’t left his side. I’ve tried to make him talk, but he only gets angry and starts cursing all women on the planet, so it’s better to leave the topic. He doesn’t even want to see Alex, Phebs, Belle, Mila or Moni. He doesn’t even let Lou to fix his hair and makeup! Only Lux can touch him and we are all worried. We wonder for how long he is going to be like this. He can’t go for too long hating on the female population, can he?

I’ve tried to cheer him up, keep his mind off of all that happened. According to Phebs –the closest to Eleanor out of all the girls–, the girl didn’t want this to happen, she tried to fix things but nothing was the same again. She is worried for Louis and has tried to call him, but it’s pointless. He doesn’t pick up.

We’ve gone out quite a lot as well. Every night, to be specific and Louis ends up wasted almost every night. I’m really worried for my best friend, it’s so weird to see him like this, so bitter and hateful. The easy-going and playful lad is gone. He’s pure sassiness now, he doesn’t even want to meet fans, knowing that most of them are girls.

We need to fix this.

The only good thing that has come out of this is that I’ve barely thought of Hannah. Only when I’m alone, about to fall asleep or when I see someone ginger, like Ed. I haven’t tried to call her again nor even texted her. I guess I’m letting her be and that’s what she wants but I– I miss her. I want to see her, I want to call her, but Louis needs me and Hannah doesn’t want to see my face, so it’s not as hard to do the right thing as it seems or feels. It’s just logic.

Nevertheless, I still check my phone constantly, as if, thanks to some miracle, she decided to text me or something, but nothing. She never tries to contact me and I shouldn’t be disappointed, she was very clear when she told me to never kiss her again. But it’s just so hard to believe she can just ignore what happened in that auditorium.

Today we’re in the studio, almost a week since I kissed Hannah and I’m giving up on the thought that she will regret what she told me, that she will tell me she didn’t meant that. I just have to accept that I fucked it up. Every time Louis sees me staring at my phone, about to call her, he snatches it from my hands.

“I’m only helping you. Saving you from disappointment, mate,” he says every time and I sigh.

That’s why he has my phone now whilst I’m recording my part of the new song for the third album. We’re about to finish, by March we are releasing it and after that comes promo and tours. Again. It’s like an endless cycle.

Through the glass I still can see the lads whilst I sing and my eyes stay on Louis that frowns as he takes off of his pocket a mobile and I recognise my case. That’s my phone! He stares at the screen confused and then his eyes meet mine, surprise now written in all his features.

I don’t think, I drop the headphones in the middle of the bridge and I sprint out of the room, running over to Louis, trying to get a hold of my mobile as it keeps ringing. I trip and fall down, but I rise to my feet and keep my running to my mobile. I recognise the melody, it’s the ringtone I set for Hannah and as I run, my heart is beating like crazy in my chest.

But I’m too late. By when I finally get to Louis’ side, the screen is black again and the melody of Set Fire to the Third Bar –the song she sings in that video– has stopped. Man, if I had been just a wee bit faster, or if I hadn’t tripped over.

“It was Hannah,” Louis breathes in still looking confused. He clearly didn’t expect her to call me, and honestly I had lost hope she would.

“Harry! Go back to that booth right now and finish the bridge!” John snarls at me but I ignore him. He’s one of the producers working with us on the third album. “Harry!”