Chapter 45 ~ Harry

Chaper 45 ~ Harry 

Something’s odd. I know that when I call Hannah and she doesn’t pick up the phone nor calls me back the whole day. I know she is tired after this long week in Uni, but I finally have some free time and I really want to spend it with her, but she doesn’t answer my calls. And as if that wasn’t enough, I have a bad feeling. People are attacking me on twitter again, saying that I’m a manwhore, and asking how could I do that? What? I have no idea. It wouldn’t be the first time people call me things like that out of the blue. It’s like their hobbie, so I don’t pay them attention anymore. But this time something smells different because as I scroll through my mentions, I see people mad at me for what I did to Hannah and some Jennifer. I have no clue what they’re talking about but I do know I have to talk to Hannah and if she is not picking up her phone, then I may knock at her door.

Her dad opens the door as it’s already late and he’s back from work. Hannah introduced us a few weeks ago and it was really funny how he took the fact that I’m in a world famous boy band. Now he seems cool with that but he had to sit when Hannah told him. Again, it was funny.

“Hi, Mr. Morgan. Is Hannah home? I’ve been calling her but she hasn’t answered the phone,” I greet him and he looks worried.

“She’s in her room but something happened. She doesn’t wanna leave her room nor talk to me. I was hoping you would come, or Savannah, but she’s visiting some relatives this weekend.”

My bad feeling hits me even harder when I hear him so when he lets me in, I practically run to Hannah’s room. She is listening to music very loudly, I recognise Plug in Baby and I have to knock at her door louder than the music so she can hear me.

“I don’t wanna talk, Dad!” She shouts and there’s something in her voice, something different.

“It’s Harry. Hannah, what’s wrong? Open the door,” I ask shouting too so she can hear me.

The music stops and I think she is going to open the door and receive me in her arms, but instead she cries out: “GO AWAY! I don’t wanna see you ever again!”

I blink confused when I hear her, thinking I misheard her. “Hannah, what are you talking about? C’mon, babe, open the door. Tell me what’s wrong,” I insist but she doesn’t say anything else, yet she doesn’t put the music on again. “Hannah?” I call one more time.

The door bursts open and I almost fall but I recover when I see her eyes bloodshot and her face red. Clear signs she’s been crying. Panic rises in my body and my first instinct is to reach for her, but she steps back, looking at me with hatred. What the fuck happened?

“How dare you come here after what you did?” She spats, I see her hands in tight fists. “After what you did to that woman?”

“What are you talking about, babe? I don’t––”

“Don’t call me that!” She shouts and I step back unconsciously. The strength of her rage is so powerful and tangible. “I trusted you, I believed you cared about me but I was wrong. I knew I shouldn’t have believed you!”

“Hannah, I don’t understand. What’s going on?” I ask, trying to reach her hand but she smacks mine.

“Oh, so you’re pretending that it didn’t happen? That the whole world doesn’t know you cheated on me with that woman and not only that, but you destroyed her marriage?” I freeze, catching my breath as I can only blink in confusion.

What did she say?

“Oh, c’mon! Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about! Everyone knows now how you destroyed that woman’s life!”