Chapter 35 ~ Harry

Chapter 35 ~ Harry

 “If I go away, I’ll come back,” I promise looking her in the eyes, meaning those words with all my heart. I can’t just leave her, even if I have to, I’ll find a way to come back for her, not only because I know she needs that, but because I can’t see myself anymore without her around. 

She is shaking in my arms as she looks at me, with her eyes filled with fear and hope, and I can see the inner battle in her irises. I know she’s trying to figure out whether to believe me or not and I really want her to, to believe in my promise, to trust that I won’t leave her. Not willingly, at least.

I know I scared her and I know it’s because she really cares about me and what can happen to me. This probably reminded her of her Mum’s accident and it was probably idiotic of me to drive like that, but I just wanted to protect her. I’ve been so careful all this time so the paparazzi won’t know about her yet and start speculating about her, making stupid rumours. I don’t want her to go through that yet. Not yet. I know I can’t run away from this forever, but I have to try.

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep, Harry. Everyone leaves at some point, you’re no exception,” she whispers and her voice is so shaky I’m impressed she hasn’t cried yet.

“But even if I leave, I’ll be back for you, Hannah. Of that you can be sure,” I insist and she bites her lower lip. “I won’t leave you willingly if you promise you won’t leave me either.”

We’re so close, I still have my forehead against hers and I can feel her breath brushing my lips and the way she is holding on to me for dear life. I want to kiss her, show her that I really mean these words I’m saying, but I promised I wouldn’t do something she is not ready for. I wouldn’t kiss her without her consent, even if it takes all my willpower to refrain me. I won’t kiss her even if I’m dying to.

But then the unexpected happens because before I can plead my case any further, I feel her lips against mine in a soft peck, almost like the touch of a feather. But too soon, she pulls back and looks me in the eyes with so many emotions crossing her eyes. Surprise, incredulity, fear and determination, while I just feel like she has ignited a flame in my body.

“Hannah,” I mumble still shocked but then she giggles incredulously and kisses me again, and this time is not a peck on the lips; this time is a real kiss.

I get rid of the shock of her actions and kiss her back immediately, closing my eyes and holding her tighter, cocking my head just to deepen the kiss. This time she took the first step, this is all on her and that makes this even more special.

I feel like this flame that lit up in my body seconds before now is a whole fire in my body that only her lips on mine can extinguish. Her kiss is like water and that’s all I need. I part my lips and bite gently her lower lip just to ask for access, access that she grants as her hands sneak up to my hair, tangling her fingers in my curls under my beanie as I kiss her even deeper, with more necessity than I thought could be possible. I just can’t get enough.

What is breathing? I don’t care. I just need her right now, that’s all I need. She holds on to me and I feel the same burning desire in the way she kisses me, in how her lips move in sync with mine in this addictive game.

I just leave her lips long enough to get a short breath and kiss her again, feeling as my heart pounds in my chest, wanting to be set free and run away; as I feel my skin tingling out of this burning desire to keep her like this forever. I don’t even feel the snow falling over us or the cold wind around, I can only feel her in my arms, the taste of her lips, the feeling that she finally let all her walls down and I’m in, with her.