chapter 6: dont do anything stupid until i get back

*first person pov*

Everyone is starting to depart now that the meeting has ended and it is decided that the ring will be destroyed.

Oh god, I was actually going to destroy the ring- i mean not me it will be Frodo but nevertheless I will be helping him do it and be by his side when he drops it into the mountain.

I hope, at least that I will be there when he drops the ring into mount doom and not 6 feet under the ground by then.

just as I round the corner and start going to the direction of the docks Legolas grabs a hold of my arm and stops me. "What were you thinking?????"

I narrow my eyes at him, pulling away from his grasp and start moving my hands around in an excited way "oh wow Legolas oh valar how nice it is to see you again after all these years !!!I've been doing great by the way how about you?" I clap my hands loudly and smile sweetly at him.

He frowns "why did you do that?? volunteering to go to mordor and destroying the ring??? Are you crazy??" he basically shouts at me.

okay well, no greetings then.

"me?? crazy?? didn't you also volunteer to go on this quest Legolas? and also do not start lecturing me how dangerous this is i know the risks Im taking and Im not willing to back down from it, I took a risk I knew was big and I'm going through with it. No matter what you say. Besides I've been a pirate for a hundred years now Im pretty sure I can handle myself at this point" I screamed back at him.

he didn't say anything- probably too dumbfounded and surprised from me screaming at him. Nevertheless he still wasn't backing down "This will not be an easy quest to do. We will be fighting orcs everyday and there are unknown creatures and goblins out there who will want to hurt us."

god does he still not understand?

"what, Legolas you think I've never been through dangerous situations myself all this years huh? have you ever been on a sea battle before Legolas? jumping from ship to ship trying to beat the other ship and barely coming out of it alive with most of your crew dead and just laying there on your ship? or have you ever had to outrun a sea monster but ending up caught by it anyway and again, barely making it out alive??" I look down, remembering all the times where I had to make tough decisions and struggle and been in deathly situations myself.

He shuts up. Feeling guilty after hearing all those experiences I've had.

"I-"

"have you ever been a slave legolas?" I finally say to him looking up and meeting his eyes. Those beautiful beautiful blue eyes.

His eyes widen and his mouth opens but no sound comes out.

"I-I-Im sorry" he manages to stutter out

"don't be" continuing, I say "it was a long time ago."

I pat his shoulders "I'll see you on the road Legolas." I say before taking my leave and leaving him alone in the corridor.

Still stunned from what I had just said.

*third person pov*

Maeral walks to her ship, where her crew is hanging out and presumably waiting for her meeting to finish.

Daratrine, one leg propped on a box with her hand on her leg sees Maeral and immediately tells the others she's arrived "Everyone! There she is!" 

Maeral waves and smiles then looks down, repeating over and over again what she was going to say.