chapter 69: fragments

*first person pov*

"how is he? " I asked Kiaan, he was guarding the door outside.

"I don't know, I haven't checked on him since I placed him on the table." Kiaan signed back.

Theoden must be uncomfortable, I hope his kingly tastes doesn't block his need of being saved.  I should probably use something to cover the table more comfortably. I won't buy a bed, since that room is also used as Alva's invention and battle discuss room.

I knock on the door. But then again, we rarely really ever use this room as a medic bay. When we're hurt usually Astrid and Freya would help on deck. There would be no need for a personal room.

Unless it involves complete privacy then yes we'd use this room, but that's rare.

Besides, we're pirates. I think humiliation has faded a long time ago.

Freya's dark eyes meets ours, her black braided hair from before tied into a tied bun. "oh how I miss seeing your faces."

"is he alright?" Carter questions, his voice wavers.

"Yeah he'll survive. He's passed out now, so no visits." Astrid orders us, shooing us away while closing the door softly.

"you didn't get any blood on my drawings did you?" Alva said worriedly.

"no, we pushed your hectic drawings away." Astrid yawns and stretches her arms. "I need a two day long nap."

"yeah well I think that will have to postpone until tonight." I pressed my lips together, honestly I myself needed a two day long nap. The girls groaned, even Kiaan sighed.

I clap my hands, taking the attention of my crew that was hanging on shore. Darvyn's kids look to me in awe.

"Now everyone, before we can get our drinks and sleep until the world gradually spins, we still need to help out the people here." I announced.

"why? the soldiers are here to help em, let's go get our drinks and call it a day!" one of my crew argued. The other whined and agreed with him.

"Because we need to. The soldiers aren't enough to help a whole city, and if we wanna get the pay we want we'll have to do that. And remember to be friendly." No one ever set a price for the job, it was for the greater good. Or whatever it was. But now that the threat is soon to be over, might as well ask for a bit right?

I look at my fingernails. "besides....it would be a shame if they lost some things right?"

Understanding what I meant, my crew grinned.

"Aye, aye cap'n! Help is on the rescue." The crewmate that argued with me tipped his hat off. The others nod at me with a reassuring grin and went their way.

"let's just hope that the goody soldiers don't notice anything." Daratrine said and looped her hands around Alva's arm.

"wanna bet on who can get the most money out of them?" Emira raised a suggestive brow.

"oh god please no I always lose in those." Freya clasped her hands together, begging at us.

Astrid rolled her eyes. "that's because you're too damn nice. Anyways, I think I'll sit this out. I need to monitor the kings health."

Emmet raised his hand a bit awkwardly. We all look at him. "yes?" I replied.

"I can watch over him, I know a bit about healing." Emmet volunteered. Astrid shook her head.

"this is not just about herbs. You need to know the inner organs of the human body. If you don't know what to do, it's still not use."

I put a hand on Astrid's shoulder. "maybe this time you can leave your specialty to someone else for a while, more people in the city will need your help."