chapter 9: more than just a simple greeting

*first person pov*

Oh how I regret following these people now.

I miss my ship. I miss steady wooden old floors without any complications going around and no one falling every five seconds and how not tiring it is just sailing through the sea and not needing to use your feet, just good old navigation and strategy. But most importantly.....I miss my crew.

I don't really get affected by the cold nor do I get tired easily and I don't sink into the snow and can walk above the snow just fine. But its just that everyone else is so slow and it's making me wanna rip my hair apart stopping every five seconds because someone is falling down everytime. I should basically just walk behind everyone at this point in case someone rolls down and falls.

I'm so grateful I'm an elf sometimes.

just as I take another step Frodo slips and falls and rolls down, but Aragorn is thankfully there to catch him. He instinctively touches his neck, where the ring should be but he widens his eyes and looks around in a panic. The ring fell off his neck.

Suddenly Boromir kneels down and pulls out the fallen ring from the snow. And he just stands there, ring dangling in front of his eyes.

oh no, he's being entranced by the ring-

"boromir?" Aragorn warily says to him.

"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing" he says as he eyes the ring. "such a little thing" he almost whispers that if you were where i was standing and were a human, you wouldn't hear it.

"Boromir!" Aragorn now shouts, and Boromir's trance is broken and he suddenly looks as if he just regained conciousness. Aragorn softly continues "give the ring back to Frodo"

Boromir walks over to where frodo was and hands over the ring as he says "as you wish. I care not" Then laughs dryly and ruffles Frodo's hair. Like he always does. It's just that this time it seemed more forced and awkward, even Frodo didn't laugh at him ruffling his hair like he always does.

After a few hours we were now up on the pass of caradhras. In a damn blizzard. Everyone else is sinking in the snow while me and Legolas walked normally on top of the snow without leaving as much of a boot mark.

We were behind all of them. Since Gandalf is the one leading them through the snow so we were just hanging in the back waiting for everyone to go on.

and he still wasn't talking to me the whole time.

okay you know what? Fuck it.

he was ahead of me now so i skipped over to where Legolas was and gave him a little bit of a shove

He looked at me with a frown on his face and he looked like he was gonna shove me back as he always did but hesitated and ignored me instead.

okay so this is gonna take a lot more work than I expected.

"you know its rude to ignore someone right? But then stare at them the whole time you're near them." I said to him and he looked a bit like he was....blushing? oh valar that's so funny I'm gonna tease him more just for funsies!

"HAH! SO YOU WERE STARING AT ME!" I shouted at him almost making everyone look back at us. I mouth sorry to them and I continued "I really do not know why you try so hard to ignore me. It's not like I punched you in the face or something."

"oh so you just want to forget about you leaving me alone for a hundred years?" He snaps back at me and we just stand there staring at each other while the fellowship walks ahead of us.