chapter 12: magic doors

*first person pov*

I watch as Legolas walks away from me and goes to where Aragorn was. I hug my knees tightly and put my chin on my knees, thinking.

"you are a foolish elf Maeral fenphyra. If Dar saw this she would literally laugh straight in your face for how dumb of a thing you just said to Legolas Mae, and it wasn't funny dumb. It was hurtful dumb." I thought to myself, still guilty over what I just said to Legolas

ugh now I'm gonna have to apologise for two things now.

I closed my eyes for a moment, trying to calm myself and not vomit from the adrenaline pumping in my veins a few moments ago.

I stood up from where I was and head to Pippin and Merry "atleast with them by my side I'll be distracted" I thought to myself

As I was walking to pip and merry I saw the runes on the door and since it was fortunately in sindarin, I read it again because it seemed interesting to me at the time and a thought suddenly came into my mind.

"you know" I said out loud to no one in particular, no one really paid any mind, well except for Frodo "I've had my own fair share of magic secret doors and sometimes-" I inched closer towards the door and traced the words with my hand and stopped at the words where it said "friend" and continued "it's sometimes just a riddle and the answer is right in front of us" at this, everyone perked up and looked where I was and started to pay attention to me. 

"it could just want us to say friend, but in sindar. And the word for friend in sindar is-" I stopped for dramatic effect of course.

"Mellon" I said out loud and boom! the doors opened.

"Well done Maeral! You cracked the password!" Gandalf says while patting my back. A bit roughly if you must know

After that Gandalf goes inside the mines, a bit warily, everyone (except for gimli of course) slowly joins Gandalf and goes inside.

"Soon, Master Elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarves; roaring fires, malt beer, red meat off the bone! This, my friend, is the home of my cousin Balin. And they call this a mine." He says to legolas and I didn't really concentrate on them much because i was busy squinting my eyes trying to make out the darkness and also what im stepping in, cause it feels oddly like im stepping on mini hills

gandalf then lights his staff and to my horror- it wasn't rocks I was stepping on. It was dwarf skeleton.

I gasp in horror and I look around and find that the whole place was littered with dwarf skeletons.

Grimly, Boromir says "This is no mine, this is a tomb!"

The hobbits gasp and step away from the bone corpse they were about to step in while Gimli, looks around in horror and runs towards his fallen dwarven kin.

"oh no- no, NO NOOOOOO!!" He wailed and scream and sobbed, my heart aches for him, for I know how painful it is to see your people dead in a massacre like this.

Legolas pulls out an arrow from one of the dwarves and analysed it before realizing its goblin arrow

"Goblins," He says looking around and me, Aragorn, Boromir whip out our swords whilst Legolas takes out one of his arrows.

"We make for the gap of rohan. We never should have come here." Boromir says while we all back slowly towards the entrance but still with our eyes in the mines, cautious for if there were any goblins nearby

"Anything is probably better than being trapped in a mine filled with Goblins so yeah, no shit we should go through the gap of rohan." I say in agreement with Boromir.

Suddenly we heard the Hobbits screaming and sam calling out to Aragorn

"Strider!" Sam says and me, boromir and Aragorn whip our heads towards their direction and saw that Frodo was being dragged out of the mines by a tentacle.

Frodo cried out as the three of of us rush forward cutting at the tentacles of the giant creature.

"oh hell not these assholes!" I shout as I cut the tentacles going towards my way "It'll be useless if we keep on cutting these tentacles unless we stab it's heart itself!"

"And how do you propose we do that?!" Boromir shouts to me.

"usually" I say as I keep on cutting the tentacles holding Frodo in its grip "on my ship we would swim in the ocean and stab the heart inside the water-" it's tentacles almost grab my feet but legolas saw and shoot at its tentacles instead.

I look at the tentacle then at him, giving him a thankful nod. "-but I can see that we don't have time to do that here."

Aragorn sliced one of it's tentacles and frodo drops to the floor, but thankfully Boromir was there to catch him.

"Into the mines!" Gandalf shouts and Boromir with Frodo in his arms goes towards the mines while me and Aragorn keep on slicing some of its tentacles before Boromir shouts out to Legolas to shoot its head, giving us a vital few seconds to escape into the mines

As we run into the mines the creatures tentacles reach out to us. With a shattering echo, the creature rips the doors away, causing the rocks to fall and seal the doorway, throwing us into pitch blackness.

"we now have but one choice" Gandalf says as he lights up his staff, making the place light up amongst the dark. "we must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard, there are older and fouler things than the Orcs in the deep places of the world." 

I pick up my bag and see that it was opened. panicked, I rummage through my bag and found that there was something very valuable that is not in my bag. I look around frantically, careful to keep my voice down and to not look too frantic. I see something golden and glowing faintly in the dark, I stride over to it and bent down to pick it up.

oh thank valar, it wasn't lost fortunately. I pick up the crown and rub the dirt off and quickly shove it in my bag.

I follow the fellowship and fell behind, I walked behind Boromir and he stops and steps to the side and extends his hand to me "after you m'lady" he says, letting me go after him.

I shrug at him "oh yeah sure, thanks" and walked in front of him and behind Aragorn. At least this way it's less likely i'd get left behind

"Quietly, now. It's a four day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence will go unnoticed." Gandalf says as we go up a few stairs and cross bridge after bridge above deep mine workings.

A/n: we are now nearing more and more towards Gandalf's slayification to the white wizard :DD 

anyways I hope yall like the chapter and vote if you think it was good!