chapter 18: past "entanglement"

*first person pov*

We walk more and more and in the distance we can see the shimmer of a large bushy forest can be seen.

"Lothlorien" I thought grimly, don't get me wrong i love lothlorien. It's a beautiful place and it is the home of elves, my kin. There lives the great lord celeborn and lady galadriel. An amazing elf but the one I'm not looking forward to the most to seeing.

I'm very not looking forward to her questions toward me and her interrogations that she will instil on my mind. She's an amazing person and I looked up to her when i was a child and I still do now. I just don't look forward to her greeting of me and thinking how much I've changed for the worst. Which I didn't care, but still.

In fact, I'm not looking forward to seeing anyone there at all. The thought of seeing people from my past just makes me physically sick, and I can't even get sick at all!

Pippin appears beside me, marveling at the view.

"Is that Lothlorien?" He asks me

"yep, and that's not even half of it" I say to him and he looks at me with his mouth open, I smirk and nod at him.

"Lothlorien is a beautiful place, but I'm not really looking forward to it" I say, my lips forming a thin line as i say that

"How come?" Pippin asks me

Narrowing my eyes, I look at the green scenery far away from me "let's just say I have some people from my past that I'm not looking forward to seeing there."

"What? wait why?" 

I bite the side of my cheek, my hands in my pockets "They didn't do anything wrong to me, if that's what you're thinking by the way."

he tilts his head, still confused as to why I don't want to go to Lothlorien

he widens his eyes and tilt his head straight again, as if he just solved a murder mystery.

"did you have an entanglement with someone there???? are you trying to avoid from meeting them??" he says with disbelief.

I slowly turn my head to him and frown, before breaking out into a laugh. Quite loudly.

Pippin still looks at me, with an impatient and confused expression

I still laugh, unable to contain my laugh about how absurd of an excuse it was if i didn't want to go to lothlorien because of a past entanglement

Finally, I manage to stop laugh and am now only smiling so wide I feel as if I look like I have no cheeks anymore.

"Okay, now that's really funny pip. Although you aren't wrong though, there was an elleth I dated once but we never worked out. Nevertheless, that is not the reason why i do not look forward to go to Lothlorien oh my dear, pippin Took" I say, putting my hands back in my pocket

I go silent for a while, thinking if I should tell him or not

I click my tongue and take in a deep breath then say to Pippin "It's mostly because of the fact that I haven't gone there in centuries, not really too long, more like 105 years maybe?" I look up to the sky for a moment, trying to remember exactly how long I haven't been there.

"Yeah it's 105 years but anyways, the last time I went there I had a tiara on my head Pip, a tiara. On my goddamn head." I move my body down ward a bit, trying to make him imagine me in a tiara 

"I also looked regal and well groomed and shit." I say kicking a pebble at my feet. 

"you look well groomed and alright to me" pippin says and I raise an eyebrow at him. Taking out my right hand and gesturing it to my body up and down

"you're trying to say that this, is well groomed?"

"well, probably not like how  princess would be but-"

"exactly " I say, cutting him off 

"I looked like a princess before pip, with long braided hair and wearing a dress with no dirt in any way on my clothes and face. No pirate hat and trinkets in my hair. No daggers along my belt and wearing an old set of clothes filled with dirt and blood." I say, with my hands out to my sides and walking backwards.

I drop my hands to my sides and walk besides pip again "I'm just a mess Pip, I don't know how they will react to that. That worries me." I tug at the string on my bracelet, remembering my crewmates and wondering what they're doing right now.

"well...whatever they decide to say to you mae, just know that I will be on your side all the way." Pippin says, determined

I smile at him, ruffling his hair "you're a good hobbit Pip"

"incorrect, i'm an amazing hobbit" he grins widely

I point to him and say "don't make me take it back pip"

"Alright alright I accept your generous compliment oh Maeral the magnificent" Pippin says mockingly and we both burst out laughing at how ridiculous it was

A/n: and yet another filler chapter for you guys:)) If this is a bit boring im very sorry lol, I wanted to make this book kinda have more chapters so im just stretching it out but dw the next chapter will be fr not a filler lmao

anyways hope yall like it and vote if you think it was good!